Looking for opinions

-

moper

Reaction score
I'm working on the body of my Demon. First car of my own I've worked on in several years. The car is my last "teenager" purchased car. So I had planned to sell it, now I dont know if I want to. So, the body is getting done now. And I'm up in the air as to paint color... It's a white 6/ car. Going to be a 340 clone. the scoop, the stripe, and either black steelies with chrome lug nuts, or cop car wheels with chrone lugs. So I'm not sure what color. If it's for me, I was kind of leaning towards a fine metallic teal green. (black interior) But, for resale, should it go white, something else? What are you thoughts?

.............I'm always a fan of keeping the original color...........ofcourse the paints now make it a no brainer..........kim........

Well, that's what I was going to do. White is cheap and charming. But also boring...lol.

.............I'm always a fan of keeping the original color...........ofcourse the paints now make it a no brainer..........kim........

white with back stripes, black out hood and black vinyl top

Yellow. White makes it look like a refrigerator on wheels-or so a friend of mine said (rip Don). Yellow goes with the black as well.

I am partial to red myself, as if you couldn't tell. As far as a car your going to sell, shiny black draws a lot more oohs and aww's but is a pain to keep clean. As far as for yourself, teal green sounds good or maybe a blue about the same as the blue in the U.S. flag with black stripes and hood.

Jack

How about gun metal gray? Or how about indigo metallic or Marlboro maroon

See, everybody has a favorite. White looks like a refrigerator to some. Yellow looks like a taxi cab to some. Resale red is a popular choice.
There are enough gray cars on the road already. The red and yellow lighting on a green car sticks out like a lone flower in a field. LOL
I'm not a fan of color change either but I'll do it to suit myself. Case in point, my vert was originally gold. It will be repainted white. Have you considered Gold for yours ?
Good luck deciding and let us know what you decide.

White just looks so clean to me but Ive always been a sucker for a red car.

I like black. Its hard to keep clean but when you put the noise to it , man theres nothing more intimidating.

I'm a fan of sticking to the original color a car came in, BUT if you really want to change it than......

BUTTERSCOTCH :cheers:

I'll probably get chastised for this , but whatever ...

I really like the light green pearl on the newer Kia models , and I think it'd look great on a classic ; all of the chrome of the Demon would compliment the light green pearl quite nicely .

As for wheels ; how about some Ansen Sprints ?

Although you didn't ask , here's my 2 cents on the motor :
factory blue , chrome valve covers , 1969 reproduction air cleaner in orange .

BLACK The whole dammed thing black.

and flat black stripes. Impossible to keep clean but who cares, looks sinister as hell.:wav:

Attachments

• Copy of P7280002.JPG
    90.4 KB · Views: 140
The Demon that I can't get outta my head since I first saw it 20 years ago was Dark Burnt Orange Metallic with black stripes and interior, and was wearing black steelies with red-ring dog dishes and plain blackwall tires. Simple, elegant, understated. And it was a 340 4 speed console car with dealer installed 4.10s:twisted:

Well, no vinyl top on this one... And my '65 is bright red... So I'd prefer nothing red...lol. I like the ideas tho. That Burnt Orange is absolutely awesome. I had thought about the Charger Daytona burnt orange metallic, but theres a local one that's a very, very nice stock restoration I'd rather not copy. Years ago I had a medium blue metallic Swinger. I did all the graphics in brilliant semi-flat white. I thought that looked cool... I'm almost thinking teal green metallic, black gut, white reflective graphics and paint on the hood scoop. It would really pop at night in the headlights.

I am a fan of yellow...for obvious reasons

but do whatever u like cuz it's your car

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 106
-
Back