Looking for original 340

-
My post says something similar. But wouldn't ya be "the bad guy" if ya cleaned the feller out on an old engine? :)

All things considered, I would pull the 440 out of the Demon and make a swap deal if it belonged to someone's car. I would never be the guy who claims it won't make the car faster or worth more but then hold it hostage. Have to throw the flag for those that would..

:bs_flag:

Possible that guy has your engine wouldn't sell it maybe he felt insult like $10 to him so have you try offer him decent offer ? So he will not feel insult just a thought.

I offered to buy just the block, give him a different block, pay for machining and the rebuild, etc. He said engines never are they same after rebuild. He has several cars. This is in a late 70's Valarie Road Runner. He drives it about 50 miles a year and does burnouts, that's about it. He finally told me $5,000 for the block if I want it.

Looking for my original 340 engine. Was last seen in the late seventies in the Roanoke Virginia area. Vin # 9B325911
Should that 9 be a 0 ? On the 10000 day calender 3259 is June 30 1970. I have block #0B326754 and it has cast on the side 1-5-1970 ,3267 is July the 8th 1970 which I'm assuming is the assembly date ,maybe I'm wrong

I bought a Hemi long block in the early '80's. About eight years ago I get a call from a guy that has the car the engine came from. As this was a '66 he had tracked me down through the owners of the car until he found the one that had sold the engine to me. Long story short, we swapped only the blocks, he got his original back and I got an unstamped block for my '67. Two people were happy over that. So it does happen.

a numbers matching block does add value to a comparable car. not sure how that could be argued...

as for selling the engine that belongs to someone elses car goes. i'd do it but i'd have to get something back for it.. i want something comparable.. not some clapped out motor in return. not something built that has no paperwork with.. cash (enough to replace what i have) or they can have a motor built by who i choose... now if it was just somthing sitting in the corner that needed a rebuild i'd trade for something in the sane shape or better (they could throw a few bucks my way too..:) ) or i'd just sell it out right..

-
Back