looking for part source

-

68 Tuna Fish

Reaction score
Does anybody know a source for the following:
wiring harness HU228A
ballast resistor QY4
electronic control unit FDP505
I believe these are Plymouth factory numbers. My system is fried & these numbers were given to me by the guy fixing it. Please help.

Screenshot_20220613-112636_Firefox.jpg

20220613_112802.jpg

Not Mopar numbers, probably aftermarket numbers. Mopar factory PN's are 7 digit numbers.

The numbers you listed came from the Year One Mopar catalog. The fdp505 was the old performance orange box,which appears to be discontinued by Year One.

I think that the HU number is an M&H wiring number. They won't sell to you direct, but search M&H wiring and call them to confirm it is their number and then ask where you can buy it.

so the HU228A number is for an entire engine forward harness for a 1968 Barracuda

If you are looking to retrofit electronic ignition in a car they also have HU443 (small block) and HU499 (big block) which are the points to electronic harness at a fraction of the cost of a front harness. HU228A is not even modified for electronic ignition, they do sell a HU228AM which is the same engine forward harness with the electronic ignition conversion integrated into it.

All these parts are available from Year One - go to the A-body Chrysler catalog and search for these part numbers.

Watch out on the new mopar orange boxes they are junk. Real nos boxes are not cheap anymore, If it is even a mopar authorised. Ballast resistor I prob have if you get me a mopar number.

-
Back