[WANTED] Looking for Rally Dash Tachometer for my 1970 Dart Swinger

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search web the after markets are on there . You buy it then buy the replacement face decal and you'll have a tach with newer electronics. I just did 2 of them. Here is one I changed from a 67 version to a 71. I have one in a 67. Even though your putting a 6000 face on and 8000 tach it is pretty accurate as far as compared to how accurate they were originally. The needle pulls off and pushes back on at any location you want easy. You can get the decal from "Classic Industries"

You can see I marked the face 12 and 6 o-clock with yellow dots before removing the decal so placement would be correct. I also made one for a 67

815-567_A-2T.jpg

100_0059.JPG

100_0060.JPG

100_0074 (2).JPG

100_0040 (3).JPG

Its for 68+ I hadnt thought of selling it tbh, but I saw this thread. I also have learned that sometimes is best to trade hard to find stuff for other hard to find stuff. $$ is nice, but no guarantees you will find the parts your looking for.
For what year? and how many ounces of Gold. They are getting real hard to find especially 67.

Search web the after markets are on there . You buy it then buy the replacement face decal and you'll have a tach with newer electronics. I just did 2 of them. Here is one I changed from a 67 version to a 71. I have one in a 67. Even though your putting a 6000 face on and 8000 tach it is pretty accurate as far as compared to how accurate they were originally. The needle pulls off and pushes back on at any location you want easy. You can get the decal from "Classic Industries"

You can see I marked the face 12 and 6 o-clock with yellow dots before removing the decal so placement would be correct. I also made one for a 67

View attachment 1716051192

View attachment 1716051170

Did you recalibrate the tach so it reads accurately on the 6,000RPM scale? Or do you just live with the error (750RPM indicated = 1,000 actual; 5,500RPM = 7,300+)?

Thanks for the offer but I ordered a repro from Herb’s.
That is the exact same tach I used to make the 67 cuda tach. As far as the accuracy due to it being a 6000 decal on an 8000 tach. Its probably closer to actual correct RPM's with the 6000 decal. The face on the reproductions are decals just like the replacements you buy.

You slip the needle off and remove the decal. I removed the screws and applied the decal. Install the screws but don't tighten them. Cut the decal around the screw one at a time and remove the screw to remove that little circle you cut out. Re install the screw and tighten. If you don't do this the decal will wrinkle when tightening the screw.

The tachs are not accurate. Not the reproductions or the 50 year old factory pieces. If your looking to watch your RPM's with that little thing good luck. We installed them just to say it has a factory tach, and the needle moves when you start it.

If you want to watch and record your RPM's get one of these with a recall pictured below.

We added the factory looking decal so it would look factory. The reproduction faces look like crap next to the factory speedo and gauge faces. They look china made . Wonder why?

I have one because I wanted one to work with the late ignitions and not burn out and still look factory. I also painted all the needles the same color . Fluorescent orange bought at a craft shop. I have many dashes so we use 71 gauge lenses. The 67's were originally plated and were peeling . The 71's were originally black and were easy to clean up. Because we were installing a 4spd we put the reverse light in which 67's didn't come with . Also map light and accessory light harness and drilled it for a Key light. Brake light in dash has a dual purpose as Brake and oil light. We added the AC for the hot summers. Global Warming! LOL

DSCF2824.JPG

100_0040 (3).JPG

100_0082 (2).JPG

100_0034 (3).JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back