Looking for SCCA Suspension Set-Up

-

madmaximum

CA-HWY9 Road Race Rebel
Reaction score
Yeah I wanna take my dart to Laguna Seca Historics and Marina Autocross.
I am looking for anyone who has done such a Road Race Oriented Set-Up on a 67-69 Dart or Equivelant model.

I have the Dart Rallye Suspension Package
Rims 14X7 (Set of 4 Wheels) 15X8 (Pair of 2 Wheels)

Handles well. I am looking for more Lateral grip though...

What class do you intend to run in? I suggest you download the SCCA rulebook and take a look at what modifications are permitted in which class.

If you just want to scrub some rubber off your tires and don't care about points, you can generally run as a "beginner" to learn how to drive.

Yeah I wanna take my dart to Laguna Seca Historics and Marina Autocross.
I am looking for anyone who has done such a Road Race Oriented Set-Up on a 67-69 Dart or Equivelant model.

I have the Dart Rallye Suspension Package
Rims 14X7 (Set of 4 Wheels) 15X8 (Pair of 2 Wheels)

Handles well. I am looking for more Lateral grip though...

To run in the vintage class at historics like Mike Ritz, www.teamstarfish.com you have to build a pretty serious car. All of those cars are trailered and not really street legal or very streetable.

SCCA Solo II would put you in E-Street Prepared or C-Prepared. ESP can be competitve with a real streetable car

Real short...

E-Street Prepared
1.24 T-bars
11.75 stock disk
17x9 255/40/17 need to do some front fender cutting and rear lipping and carefull measuring. Better if you could find a way to fit 275/40/17 on a Dart.
QA1 Shocks
1 1/8 front sway bar
adjustable rear sway bar -helwig
frame connector just welded at ends not welded to floorpan (see ESP rules)

A more track setup would have arengineering viper/brembo calipers and 13" rotors. And some oil pan baffling...

Wow thanks man! You are the guy I knew had to be out there! Ha, Rad. I now officially Love this Forum :cheers: (Easy to do)

So how long have you been Doing such Swerving on le Track?
You are purdy much my Role Model on here, just so you see it that way too..

Wow thanks man! You are the guy I knew had to be out there! Ha, Rad. I now officially Love this Forum :cheers: (Easy to do)

So how long have you been Doing such Swerving on le Track?
You are purdy much my Role Model on here, just so you see it that way too..

View my photo gallaries here:

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1069

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1070

They list my suspension setup on the Barracuda and there is a picture of an Addco rear sway bar setup (used from a swap meet). Then I high-tailed 1600 miles across country back to collage in Iowa. I've put about 50,000 miles on it since then as my only drivable car untill the Dart came along in 2001.

I did most of the upgrades to the Barracuda in summer of 1994. I was thrashing on the car and I could hear the helicopter following OJ Simpson down the Santa Monica Freeway.

Most of my upgrade parts are used from the swap meet, or junkyard. And a carefull selection of new parts: T-bars, braided brake lines (you can make them yourself), MP master cyl (when they are reasonable).

I'm very interested in making mine handle like it was set up for SCCA or NASA racing..... It's just not going to be an actual race car....

-
Back