Looking For Steering Box

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the range of years and models that have a compatible steering gear? I have a couple in my garage but they might be too old.

I've got a manual box from my 67 barracuda.

Pretty clean and tight upon removal.

I replaced it with a quick ratio box.

Who gives a sh*t what you want? Who are your two freinds there????:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D Actually I need the box I have, for my next project. Ill keep an eye out for ya though. Craig

Manual steering wasn't that common on A bodies from '73-'76. The diameter of the sector shaft changed in 1973 so you will have to find the right year box or swap box, centerlink, pitman arm, and idler arm to use a '67-'72 steering box. It's not all gloom and doom since B bodies used the same steering box (large sector) from about '68 on. Finding a '73-'76 manual steering pitman arm is not so easy though. Hope your Duster already has one. IMHO your best move is to call Firm Feel or another vendor and order the box you need. That way you have a new box with the ratio you want, a warranty, and not a lot more money. By the time you find a used one, clean it up, replace the seals, and pay for shipping, you will be lucky if you have less than $200 in it, and it will still be a used box. Just my $.02.

yeah,so far it looks like i will jus tbuy a rebuilt one from advance auto. unless anyone has a rebuilt one or a flaming river or firmfeel that they want to sell

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back