Looking for stock slant performance #'s D150

-
It's been some years since I owned a slant. Took it for a drive today. Part throttle and just going it does fine. But... you floor it and you don't get anything more .... LOL I forgot how stock slants go in a truck :D :D

My 65 Valiant with the original 225 and 904 went low 19s before I did the 360 swap.

My 65 Valiant with the original 225 and 904 went low 19s before I did the 360 swap.
Seems on par with what most are saying. I suppose the truck with the extra weight and wind resistance is looking at a 21 second pass?? LOL We'll find out down the road.....

Seems on par with what most are saying. I suppose the truck with the extra weight and wind resistance is looking at a 21 second pass?? LOL We'll find out down the road.....
Seems reasonable. I'm curious to see what Vixen will run....but I caint afford to break her. LOL

My stock 225 /6 single barrel auto 73 Dart's weight is somewhere in the ballpark of 3200 lbs, it ran a 19.9 in the 1/4 mile. I should also ad that the TV linkage was a bit out of adjustment. Your D150 2WD short box I assume probably weighs 400-800 lbs more depending on what stuff you have in it. So if you can get the weight of the truck, you might be able to extrapolate the data from that and get a ballpark. Then see if you get close to that in testing.

20221030_131448.jpg

Last edited:
My stock 225 /6 single barrel auto 73 Dart's weight is somewhere in the ballpark of 3200 lbs, it ran a 19.9 in the 1/4 mile. I should also ad that the TV linkage was a bit out of adjustment. Your D150 2WD short box I assume probably weighs 400-800 lbs more depending on what stuff you have in it. So if you can get the weight of the truck, you might be able to extrapolate the data from that and get a ballpark. Then see if you get close to that in testing.

View attachment 1716280756
Thanks, great post! I'd guess my truck to weigh 3750 with no spare and a 1/4 tank of gas without driver. I weighed another 2wd short bed with a six and that's what it weighed. Also got to consider the wind resistance. Looks like if it will run under 21 seconds that would be good LOL.

Thanks, great post! I'd guess my truck to weigh 3750 with no spare and a 1/4 tank of gas without driver. I weighed another 2wd short bed with a six and that's what it weighed. Also got to consider the wind resistance. Looks like if it will run under 21 seconds that would be good LOL.
Did You see the posts in General Discussion on the 'Stay Tuned'/Tony Angelo YT channel? They ran an '81(?) D100 2WD Slanty 4spd bone stock before & after throwing a turbo on it.

Did You see the posts in General Discussion on the 'Stay Tuned'/Tony Angelo YT channel? They ran an '81(?) D100 2WD Slanty 4spd bone stock before & after throwing a turbo on it.
I did!

And.....how much does it weigh with the driver???

Those trucks are around 4K with driver, easy.
Heavy

Member " my68 barracuda" has an 83 d150 that he did a frame off resto on, it is a /6, although no longer stock. I know somewhere he posted details on the build, I don't know if it was here or over at the /6 site or both.
Over there he's "Dad truck" as his dad had originally bought this 83 new and now he has it. It's a short bed 2wd.
I know I've seen extensive details on this truck--- besides the ones I've gotten from him directly face to face--- weights, engine build details, Dyno results and more. And I've seen his record keeping for myself when I've been over at his garage. I definitely need to do better in that department. It's a short bed , /6 with 833 od, I believe it was originally a 1bbl with 3.21 out back
Now among other improvements it's a super 6 and (I forgot which) either 3.73 or 3.91 out back.
He don't chime in on the forums near as much as he used to (have no idea if he's lurking) but if anyone I know would have the stock numbers on an 80s truck with a/6 "before", it would be him.

-
Back