Looking for suggestions on Pistons for a 360 LA .060

-

Owen Diaz

Reaction score
Looking for some Suggestions on what I should go with plan on using stock crank/rods flat tappet cams/lifters and J heads
As far as in stock options go this is what I see available on summit

IC745.060 KB356.060 KB107.060

IC9978.060

KB362.060

Also want to add I plan on getting the rods shot peened
Any and all information is helpful

Not sure if the chamber size all I know is there J heads do have pictures of the numbers in the head

IMG_6275.jpeg

IMG_6272.jpeg

IMG_6273.jpeg

IMG_6274.jpeg

The Speed Pro H405CP or H116CP work well and typically don´t require a rebalance if reusing the stock crank and rods .

Would I have to call for them to make it for me or would I be able to order them right on summit?
I'm not sure. Make SURE you look at those CLOSE. I kinda posted those as a joke. They would probably get you 12:1 compression. LOL

Lol yea I think 12-1 compression would be too much
Well, you didn't say WHAT you were doin. LOL That said, I TOTALLY agree with post #4. I've used the Sealed Power ones before and got 10.2 real easy. They are nice pistons.

Well, you didn't say WHAT you were doin. LOL That said, I TOTALLY agree with post #4. I've used the Sealed Power ones before and got 10.2 real easy. They are nice pistons.
I’m trying to make a street/strip build had another 360 with eagle rods and KB flat top pistons I think that was .30over and one of the rod bolts broke on me so I decided to buy a block from someone who had stock rods and crank and I just need the pistons to finish the rotating assembly

I’ve used the KB-107’s and the SpeedPro c116hp. There heights are very close to each other. With a J head, gasket thickness dependent, you can zero deck the piston and get a 9.8-1 ratio with the chambers being 72cc. Coupled with a reasonably healthy cam and overlap, this is pump gas territory and capable of mid to low 12’s with very streetable cams and gear ratios.

One example would be a 292 Purple cam and 4.10’s on 28 inch tires will get you mid 12’s w/un-ported heads.

BTDT

I’ve used the KB-107’s and the SpeedPro c116hp. There heights are very close to each other. With a J head, gasket thickness dependent, you can zero deck the piston and get a 9.8-1 ratio with the chambers being 72cc. Coupled with a reasonably healthy cam and overlap, this is pump gas territory and capable of mid to low 12’s with very streetable cams and gear ratios.

One example would be a 292 Purple cam and 4.10’s on 28 inch tires will get you mid 12’s w/un-ported heads.

BTDT
Just to make sure I’m right you’re talking about these correct?

IMG_6461.png

IMG_6460.png

-
Back