Looking to get a Tach

-

iw378

Reaction score
I'd like to put a tach in my car. What kind of tach do you guys like. I'd like a column mount tach. I am running electronic ignition (FBO).
Just looking for a few suggestions.
Thanks
Luke

I've used Autometer for as long as I can remember. They have a variety of playback tachs, from ones that can simply playback the rpm's to their top-of-the-line Ultimate series that also monitor driveshaft rpm, O2, fuel pressure or other such option. I learned a LOT just from the rpm playback at the dragstrip. It shows exactly what you and the engine are doing, not what you "think" is happening. (i.e.: converter flash, rpm drops, ACTUAL shift points.)

Autometer playback tachs @ Summit - http://www.summitracing.com/search/...=Default&SortOrder=Ascending&keyword=playback

I picked up a 2 5/8 sunpro supertach 2 at autozone the other day for just about $20.00
it is the most basic of tachs you can find, it has a needle and a back light and that is it (but that is all was looking for since I intend to redo the dash in the near future)

be carefull where you mount it on the column
it is possible to not pay attention when you mount it and everything looks great...until you shift the car in reverse and the whole tach jumps about 30 degrees on the column
shift into drive and it jumps another 45...ask me how I know

-
Back