The MSD6AL I have is older and been in the shelf for a while

JEGS, ignition box, ballast resistor, harness for $54 looks good

I'm using an Accel super coil

What do you think ?

The MSD6AL I have is older and been in the shelf for a while

JEGS, ignition box, ballast resistor, harness for $54 looks good

I'm using an Accel super coil

What do you think ?
Which one is the JEGS box? If it's the Hi Rev 7500, go for it. They're good. That's what I have.

X2 on the HiRev box.
This one Summit Racing SUM-851021 Summit Racing™ Ignition Controllers for Mopar | Summit Racing was also brought up in a recent discussion. Good reviews, but have not tried one myself yet.
Interesting Summit Ignition Box
The old Standard Motor Products LX101 boxes (not to be confused with the newer outsourced LX101T) were a good, low cost box with no built-in rev limit. Much better and more reliable than the China-sourced orange boxes being sold now. You can still find them reasonably on EBay.
And there's nothing wrong with your old analog MSD box, if it's still sound. Back when MSD was still good.

Last edited:
B/4 you buy check out Rick Ehrenburgs Ebay site. He's a Mopar guy.
He sells the hi-rev for $39 and the wiring kit also. Check it out. Or you could do the HEI conversion. HEI module a pc of aluminum for a heat sync and 4 wire connectors and still use the Accel coil.

FBO/Four Seconds Flat, makes an E.C.U. # HRR688, with built in rev limiter & new coil included. Not the cheapest set-up, but very nice, made in U.S.A. & your factory 4/5 wiring harness plugs right in. May want to check these out too.

I just installed a FBO 688 ECU unit in my 64 barracuda and so far happy with it but a little expensive

20240321_082345.jpg

-
Back