Looking to sell a '73 Duster, what do you think it's worth?

-

73Scamp318

Reaction score
I traded for a '73 Duster 318 a while back to use as a parts car and I'm getting ready to sell it.

I grabbed the seats, interior panels, cluster, and wiper motor and linkage out of it. I also took the rear end and threw a 7 1/4 under the car.

This was a highly optioned car with A/C, electric grid-type rear defrost, map light, TF904 factory floor shift, and Tuff Wheel. It has a set of rallyes on it with center caps and trim rings. It's in pretty rough shape with the engine being partially dismantled about 15 years ago and it needs floors, trunk floor, quarters, and probably rockers. The engine and trans are still in it, as are the tuff wheel and complete floor shifter.

I know I could part out some of the more rare stuff, scrap it, and make a nice chunk of money, but I'd like to see it restored and have a guy that's interested in it...I'm not sure where to start on the price. Here are a few pictures I had on hand.

Attachments

• DSCF1689.JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 256
  • DSCF1693.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 255
  • DSCF1691.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 250
  • DSCF1692.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 241
Looks like a solid car id say an easy $1000 and you wouldn't have to do anything part out and scrap you could do about $1500 or so with alot of labor involved

I have a '74 that is in about the same condition as this car. Interior is mostly gone, rust in the rear, drivetrain is complete but don't know anything about the condition of it. Yours does have a floor shift column and floor shifter with brackets, while mine is a power disc brake car with an 8 1/4 still under it. I have had no interest at all locally for $1200. If it doesn't sell complete by the time it warms up I'm going to strip it down and scrap the shell. Yours still appears to have a lot of valuable parts on it though. Personally, if it were mine, I don't think I would take under $1000 for it.

Thanks for the input on the car. I'll probably be looking for about $1k out of it as it sits. If I do decide to part it out, I'll be posting what I'm selling here.

-
Back