looking to sell my metal hood

-

DUSTERDOWNS

Reaction score
Need some good opinions. I am wanting a 6pak scoop fiberglass hood for my Duster. Have no idea what to ask for the metal hood, it is near perfect and is painted ,no dents or problems. Would a swap for the hood I want be out of the question? I was thinking if someone wanted to deal I would send them my hood and they in turn would have the hood I want sent to me. Let me know your thoughts as I have bought and sold but not traded like this before. thanks Steve

i may be interested in your hood what does a new fg hood with the scoop you want cost?

I am finding out there is no fair trades. I had no idea of the price of a fiberglass hood. Anybody got any suggestions I am open to your thoughts. I am not wild about installing a scoop on my hood but I guess it could be a way to go. Bounce me some ideas of your own.

I am not wild about installing a scoop on my hood but I guess it could be a way to go. Bounce me some ideas of your own.

I am in the same boat. I want to go with a fiberglass hood, but my kids want to eat food...

I want to buy a bolt on Hemi style fiberglass scoop. I found one where the flange turns back under instead of going out toward the edges of the hood. It is then pop riveted on from the underside of the hood and there's nothing showing on the outside. Everytime I've seen one where someone has tried to bondo on a scoop to a metal hood, it's always been cracked and looked like crap eventually.

Remember this is JUST a suggestion, but i have a friend who made his hood this way YEARS ago.. first, get a mold on scoop. not bolt on. using double sided tape apply to hood in appopriate position, now wax both hood AND scoop at least three times.. now lay fiberglass mat over hood and using the correct gelcoat, cover mat thouroughly, allow to dry.
now you can use this as is.. trimmed to fit. OR use it as a mold for a sturdier, and more deminsionally correct hood, if you want the supports youd have to flip hood and make copies of these and use as bracing, OR as molds.
remember it's just an idea.. and don't forget if you use hood hinges, you will have to lose the springs, or weaken them tremendously somehow, or you will eventually damage the hood.
just a thought.

-
Back