looking to upgrade the 727. Suggestions?

-

69dodgedart360

Reaction score
well after 25 years of life in my dads truck and 5 in my Dart my 727 finally quit. So now that i have the trans out i was thinking about matching the transmission to my engine combo and handle what ever i have to throw at it.
I was thinking something along the lines of this:
Cope Street high performance rebuild kit
Automatic shift valve body W/ the ability to manually shift it
bolt in sprag
Cope 11inch torque converter
deep pan
transmission cooler

the cam in my motor specifies 2800rpm+ 750cfm and 3.91's
i have the 750cfm and the 3.91's and would need a decent converter so i was looking at this one. This is going to be a street/strip usual kinda deal but mostly driving around town and freeway driving about 50miles round trip. Would this be livable on the street and the freeway or would this be ridiculous for me to do?
P.S. I have 3.55's in it and i will only have the 3.91's when im racing it.

Thanks

I don't think there is anything wrong with your plans. Make sure that any valve body you put in it has low band apply. I don't know anything about Cope's convertors but if they are as good as their tranny's then it should be good.

Jack

John Cope is a good guy to deal with, he ll tell you what you need for your combo without pushing the extra go fast stuff you dont need.

John is great you can not go wrong!

I would add billet servos, HD int strut, use solid bands and talk to John about ATF fluids too.

Also always good to add a HD or a bolt in rear sprag too.

-
Back