looks like chrysler is at it again!

-

7demon2

Registered User #1824
Reaction score
just wondering if any of you have seen this? i just stumbled on this. pretty interesting that they are bringing another name back again. seems chrysler is banking on the revitaliation of the "muscle car". one can only wonder what other names might be brought back to life?....

Snap1.jpg

Hopefully they won't bring back Plymouth car names, like Roadrunner and put them on Dodges or Chryslers, that would make them look like idiots, in my opinion. Now they could revive the Plymouth name then the could do that.

I like the move. mopar is keeping on. :thumblef:

Scat Pack will be next,If not''' It should.

For all you younger's out there, Sid will explain :drinkers:

i think it would be a longshot to bring back the plymouth name, but i don't think it is out of the realm of possibility to see some of thier car names back.....

Neon name shared by dodge and plymouth.That was already imbarrisening

just wish they'd lose those rear doors. A 4 door super bee??? c'mon

The Barracuda moniker is one of the few they've yet to soil. When that day comes, well.....

th_guywithguntohishead.jpg

I like the Neons.... ALOT better than its replacement. Besides that besides that we needed something in the same market as those POS Hondas & Toyotas. Don't get me wrong my Ram with the 360 and Flowmaster sounds great and my cuda (no exhaust) makes it difficult to walk(LOL). The gas milage to and from work is killing me in my truck.
When I was still in Colorado and old Plymouth dealer I used to go to had a bunch of Neons that had lower body strips that said "road runner". I couldn't belive it.... sure it was a nice car but WTF?
Adam

A four door Charger to start with! Super Bee? I had a 69 440-6 Super Bee back in the 70`s and have always associated the Super Bee with a HP Coronet, not a four door or a pick-up truck! I`m glad Mopar came to their senses when they redesigned the Challenger. With gas going through the roof again, I wonder if modern muscle cars will be able to survive?

If mother mopar whats to do something with the Plymouth name????? Lets see say a 2008 model, 2-door, call it a road runner, give it a bare bones car with the hemi eng. and a A/T or man. Make it look like a older car(exp. Ford Mustang) and keep the price under the Mustang, They couldn't make enough of them. But that will probly never happen so, WTF.

I don't get the knock on the Neon either. I've had two now & they've been damned good little cars. The one I have now (SRT-4) has shown it's tailight's to more than a few smart ***'s around town as well...... :thumblef:

memike.1 said:
Neon name shared by dodge and plymouth.That was already imbarrisening

And chrysler labled neons as well. I have a 01 and liked it till I gave it to the ex wife... Now all I have it the payment

Lancester said:
I don't get the knock on the Neon either. I've had two now & they've been damned good little cars. The one I have now (SRT-4) has shown it's tailight's to more than a few smart ***'s around town as well...... :thumblef:
Guy's I did not say I don't like neon!! read it again,I said I did not like when
dodge,plymouth and chry shared the same prod name.
If it's a duster it need's to be a dodge, If its a roadrunner it should be a Plymouth and so on.
We have more Neon's here in Arkanasa and a lot of mail carryer's use them.
They are a good car. I have never owned one, My oldest son and brother and law has,"And they liked them"
But I do not want to see a dodge Roadrunner, :wack:
It would be embarissing. Now back to the scat pack div,can anyone tell us about that line of car's. :thumblef:

memike.1 said:
If it's a duster it need's to be a dodge, ...

?????? Duster is a Plymouth name plate.

Dodge had a Demon for a couple of years then yielded to the bitching of the bible toter's and changed the name to Dart Sport.

Oop's my mistake, I ques I should have had my first cup befor posting.
Thank,s dgc333, Glad some one is keeping me inline.
That is the first time I have ever herd about the demon story.

7demon2 said:
i think it would be a longshot to bring back the plymouth name, but i don't think it is out of the realm of possibility to see some of thier car names back.....

And if the "Challenger" is built like they say it will, I would bet within a few months they will announce a "limited edition - Challenger w/ a "Cuda" package". If Chrysler is willing to put the name "Charger" on a four door w/ a six cylinder, then they will use any name they think will sell. To get a Hemi you have to get the "R/T" version, but R/T doesn't mean Road & track. That's another option you have to buy.

Cuda66 said:
And if the "Challenger" is built like they say it will, I would bet within a few months they will announce a "limited edition - Challenger w/ a "Cuda" package". If Chrysler is willing to put the name "Charger" on a four door w/ a six cylinder, then they will use any name they think will sell. To get a Hemi you have to get the "R/T" version, but R/T doesn't mean Road & track. That's another option you have to buy.

FWIW,

The Charger name has been used by Chrysler on more different vehicles (mid size, person luxury, compact, FWD sub-compact) than any name they own. And, the cars have been available with 4, 6 & 8 cylinder engines (even the 68-70 chargers were available with \6's).

I have found it most amusing that folks get so upset over the current charger.

I guess if Chrysler was to stay true to it's past the new charger should be a FWD 4cyl turbo economy car since there were more of those chargers produced than any other.

According to allpar it looks like the challenger will be built but only with the 6.1 and a 6 speed. Looks like a limited production with a hefty price tag. Oh well, at least it looks like they will build it.

As for neons, I have tried twice to convince myself to buy a neon in the past 7 years. The first time around I decided on a dakota instead, which I was, and am very happy with. The second time I took a brand new 2003 neon out and it had more rattles and squeaks than the 97 civic with 100000 miles did I was driving at the time! And don't worry, I didn't trade the dakota on the civic!! Still have the dakota.

But my true dodge blood is showing through. Kind of feels like you have cheated on a girlfriend. My next vehicle will be a charger or caliber. Just have to find a manual caliber to try out. Not a fan of the CVT tranny they have in there. Really like the charger from a driving point. Not a big fan of the four doors, but I can live with it.

Just have to throw my 2 cents in about Neons. My wife & I ordered one and took delivery in June, 1994. I shouldn't have done it but I broke my own rule about not buying a car in it's first year of production. We loved the package, but the car had a lot of problems. Two new engine computers, two new turn signal switches, new heater motor & switch, Door alignment off by a quarter inch when delivered, carpet that was not wide enought to reach the kick panel, which left an edge exposed, factory undercoating on painted body panels, & this is jsut the stuff I can still remember. These items were fixed under warranty, but were still a PITA. We paid over $12,000 when we bought it & when we traded it off in January, 2000 they gave us $3500 for it. We were glad to be rid of it. 3 months earlier, with less than 60,000 miles on it, we had to pay to have the head gasket replaced to fix an oil leak. The dealer mechanics said it needed the head gasket when I thought the problem was a rear main seal. A week later they replaced the rear main seal for freel because the leak was still there, a quart every 100 miles or so. The day before we traded it off the handle for the remote trunk release broke off. I super glued that back on & didn't touch it again.

After we started having problems with it I started paying closer attention to the cars on dealer lots. All of those I saw that were built in the US had a small sticker in one of the windows that said something like "Assembled with pride in Belvedire (sp?), Illinois." Nothing like that on the Mexican built cars (like ours) that I looked at. Also, EVERY Mexican built Neon I looked at had the same problem with the right rear door alignment. The front of the door was about a qurater inch low, & needed adjustment.

Okay, that's the end of my rant. :director:

As for the new Mopars, I like most of them, but don't think the Charger or Super Bee names should ever have gone on a 4 door. And a Super Bee truck? :dontknow: I don't even know what to say. Would love to see a new Plymouth Barracuda, but they would have to revive the Plymouth brand & I don't expect that to happen. I've always kind of been a Plymouth guy at heart, even though I love Dodge & Chrysler stuff too. When we bought the Neon I specifically bought from a Plymouth dealer because I wanted the Plymouth name on the car. Doesn't look like it did much good. Where are the Plymouth dealers now?

:burnout:

dgc333 said:
FWIW,

The Charger name has been used by Chrysler on more different vehicles (mid size, person luxury, compact, FWD sub-compact) than any name they own. And, the cars have been available with 4, 6 & 8 cylinder engines (even the 68-70 chargers were available with \6's).

I have found it most amusing that folks get so upset over the current charger.

I guess if Chrysler was to stay true to it's past the new charger should be a FWD 4cyl turbo economy car since there were more of those chargers produced than any other.
Valid point. If I had to choose between a 4cyl two door and a V8 4door, I'll take the V8 4door.

It seems to me that chrysler is missing the point totally, these cars are being built to target the " baby boomers " you know the people that grew up with these cars , but the cars they are building are NOT like the ones we would buy, personally i would buy a 2 dr manual shift hi performance plain jane car, nothing fancy and not weighing in at almost 4000 lbs, I hate to say this but ford has hit the target with the new mustang, and they are leading the industry with it. I think its a shame that ma mopar cant ( or wont ) get with the program, even gm's new gto is a joke almost 3800 lbs and as many dollars , performance is limited by the weight of an other wise decent car, I even considered buying one untill i drove the tank....all we really want is a muscle car, by definition that is a hi performance , low cost , light weight without all of the crap that isnt nessary... HUMMMM maybe thats why all of us here are spending almost the cost of a new car , rebuilding our old mopars.... it is the only way to get what we are really looking for... I have bought a new hemi 4x4 pickup, and it is a great truck.. build me a real muscle car and I will buy one of them also ....but not a renamed production car that has a load of options just to drive the price up.......if you build it right ...they will come.......well thats my 2 cents worth.....

The problem lies in that I like you want the stripped out haul *** car, but we really are the minority or at least the auto makers think. The real baby boomers want the sedans to haul there kids around and still have performance, according to their surveys. Granted we are from the baby boomer era but we don't think like them. As far as Ford leading the industry in design, I agree they hit the nail on the head. But almighty profits is what drives auto makers or any business. Chrysler is the industry standard when it comes to that. They made money last year while GM & Ford lost millions (GM accually lost in the billions). I am not defending there actions just trying to explain the method behind the madness. On thing is for certain with any company if they receive enough feedback about a product they will produce it. And as of right now they have not receive enough to build the car we want. The minute I saw that Challenger at the auto show I emailed Chrysler in favor of it. More people need to do the same. They can't fix it if they don't know it's broke. So send your emails to Chrysler I want a car like 68gts340 wants!

-
Back