looks like chrysler is at it again!

-
dgc333 said:
FWIW,

The Charger name has been used by Chrysler on more different vehicles (mid size, person luxury, compact, FWD sub-compact) than any name they own. And, the cars have been available with 4, 6 & 8 cylinder engines (even the 68-70 chargers were available with \6's).

I have found it most amusing that folks get so upset over the current charger.

I guess if Chrysler was to stay true to it's past the new charger should be a FWD 4cyl turbo economy car since there were more of those chargers produced than any other.

I'm not really upset over the current Charger (I bought one), just trying to make the point that they will use any name to make a buck. I have also owned an 87 Daytona, I was upset that it didn't have the big spoiler though! :)

well i guess we are stuck with their survey results, but i will say this.....I only have another 4-5 years untill i retire, and at that time I will buy the biggest baddest car i can afford.....the down side of all this is that right now that car is the zo6 vette..just over 3000 lbs , 6 speed manual , 500 plus horsepower , throw on a pair of slicks and go run 10's at your favorite drag strip....these things even have carbon fiber fenders, I would rather buy a real hi performance mopar, but if they dont make one.....well i guess they wont get any more of my money......

dodge did it's part even in 73 to compete with the toyota and honda road racer's.
coltt with a coswerth package in 73 a GT would out brake, out slolum and allso 0 to 60. against the big boy vett. We did do this with our own tek and they kept as mutch out or away from advertizing.Colt four cyl tubo with coil sping,s kit=cost 600 dollar's including tubo would send a $13.000 car past the$31000
I have drove the colt gt with the shelby equip gt and I was in a nice ride for under 14.000. the colt fit me fine and if It was taken to the track the stock 30.000 $ car.s did not hold a candel to it

dollar vett

I like the current Charger. I think the SRT8 is pretty bad a$$ looking. Granted, it would be BETTER as a 2 door, but I'm not complaining about Chrysler putting a 425 hp motor into a sporty 4 door. I think you guys need to relax and be grateful that Chrysler is putting out some pretty cool cars. I don't mind the new Superbee either, IT'S GOT 425hp!!!! And it would be pretty cool to park the new one next to my 69.

By the way, Dodge HAS used Plymouth names: Dodge Ram GTX. I see them all the time around here. They are either Sublime green or Bright orange (don't know the color name). Just think, if the Charger continues to sell, I'm sure we'll see a 2 door sometime down the road - so instead of trashing them, convince more people to buy them.

[QUOTE='68-340-S]z06 vette?.......... VIPER.[/QUOTE]

we have two vipers that run at our local drag strip,,,, they arent showing anybody anything....

LOL....good point. BTW, my dad and uncle both had Shelby Chargers. Those little FWD bastards were quick (compared to most cars built in the 80s). I like them, and wouldn't mind having one, with about 300hp :)

On the flip side, the current Charger SRT will probably out perform any other Charger Dodge has ever built. Who cares if it has 4 doors?? I drove an SXT version for a week when in NY recently. They are nice freakin car. After that 1300 mile test drive, I'd love to have one. The V6 was good for a daily driver, and the 29mpg was great. But of course, I'd like the 5.7L.

As for the Super Bee, I'll pass. The SRT-8 looks mean, but the Super Bee just looks kinda cheesy. Just an ultra expensive Daytona (albeit with more power). They need to offer the Hemi option in a more strip down vehicle. I'd be all over a 5.7L powered SXT or SE without leather and all the BS.

They should just make the Challenger and offer a T/A version :notworth: (3 throttle bodies???)...lol

I personally like the new charger SRT8. A friend of mine ordered one from the factory and I have had a chance to drive it. It is very fast. The electronic traction control, navigation system and the suspension are awesome. The suspension was what really supprised me. I think they really did a nice job on the SRT8. My only complaint was the pricetag.

just thought i'd add to this thread. i went to the east coast mopar show last sat 11/11 at maryland's dragstrip in budds creek. pretty good show. lot's of great cars. while i was there i saw a new super bee. looks pretty good in person i must admit. sounded alittle louder than the base hemi charger as well. i also saw a new srt/8 charger setup. it was also very nice. there was a display with it that showed the charger for 2008 being made in plum crazy, and sublime.i didn't realise they were going to offer the charger in those colors. thought this was worth passing along......

I recently saw a YELLOW Ram pick-up with GTX markings !

Corporate whores!
209.gif

68dart340 said:
It's nothing special.

I agree,just a yellow Charger with Super Bee stickers.
How long will it be before they dust off the Dart emblems and slap them on some cheesy econo-box?

-
Back