Looks like the Hellcat has comp and it cost less!!!

-
Can you go to the dealer and buy that Mustang? If not then it isn't the fastest factory car because to me factory means from a dealer, straight off their lot, without passing through someone else's hand to be tweaked.
I bet that hell cat did the same thing, Either way the stang is cheaper and wasn't built with bail out money. LOL But actually I think the new 200 look pretty sharp

Watching the competition trying to catch up with the Hellcat, makes me love it even more. The other thing is reading all of the dumb *** comments posted in this, and every other thread related to the Hellcat. Keep them coming!

Watching the competition trying to catch up with the Hellcat, makes me love it even more. The other thing is reading all of the dumb *** comments posted in this, and every other thread related to the Hellcat. Keep them coming!

You mean coming from the Ford fan who's only a fan of his A-body?

I really enjoy seeing mopar back at the top of the American factory performance game. I'm just not into the new cars a lot. I'm not trying to take anything away from either car. I personally think mustangs look better but mopars obviously got them beat on power and I am a mopar fan through and through but it's just nothing I am interested in.

You mean coming from the Ford fan who's only a fan of his A-body?

I do hope you guys are talking about me. Actually I love the OLD Mopars. Just not a fan of the new one ones, And as far as being a Ford fan I have always loved the Stangs and I love mine also. But as usual if you don't agree with somebody on this site or fit into their little click, you get slammed. guess the bail out money remark struck a nerve LOL

I was always told it costs twice as much to make a mopar go fast anyway

Just can't comprehend, spending 40-80k for a late model hot rod (or more). Both cars are awesome , just too pricey ,for my tastes. I prefer the older stuff, more character. To each, their own.

I do hope you guys are talking about me. Actually I love the OLD Mopars. Just not a fan of the new one ones, And as far as being a Ford fan I have always loved the Stangs and I love mine also. But as usual if you don't agree with somebody on this site or fit into their little click, you get slammed. guess the bail out money remark struck a nerve LOL

Exactly. Either you are in a clique on this site, or not. There's no in between.

Exactly. Either you are in a clique on this site, or not. There's no in between.

Kind of a sad thing. Have owned more hot Fords & Chevs, than Mopars.( and Pontiac's, Datsuns, even a Buick powered 69 Firebird.) Whatever, it's still a hot rod, have fun with it.

Yup. I just bet my little "RobKat" will smoke many a Mopar owned on this site when I am done.

And see, people mistakenly think I am Moparless now and I am not. I am still moving forward on my rat truck. Cannot get more Mopar than an 83 D150 chassis with a 49 Dodge 5 window Pilothouse cab that's going to be powered by a Chrysler FirePower Hemi. But it's cool. At least through all of it I know who really cares about Rob and who the posers are.

Yup. I just bet my little "RobKat" will smoke many a Mopar owned on this site when I am done.

And see, people mistakenly think I am Moparless now and I am not. I am still moving forward on my rat truck. Cannot get more Mopar than an 83 D150 chassis with a 49 Dodge 5 window Pilothouse cab that's going to be powered by a Chrysler FirePower Hemi. But it's cool. At least through all of it I know who really cares about Rob and who the posers are.

LOL ,Rob. I didn't know you still had the Hemi.

I do hope you guys are talking about me.

Actually, no, I wasn't talking about you.

I was talking about the guy who seems to post in every thread like this just how awesome the Mustang is compared to every other car or how awesome his F whatever is to every other truck.

As a former Ford tech, I'd dispute most of that, but what the hell. I love Ford. Ford made me a ton of money over the years. Especially when I was doing all the recall work or writing TSB's or re-writing the national procedure for getting spark plugs out of the three valves.

And while my sig needs to be updated to take out the Ramcharger and add the same year F150 you'll notice three are two Fords on the list, bringing the total owned to three. You'll also notice none of them are modern. There's a reason for that. As a matter of fact, if I had the money to spend on a new car (which I wouldn't any way, there's no return on the investment) it would be a Hyundai parked in the driveway.

The point is, they all have their weak points and there's a difference between being brand loyal and brand blind.

I work with a kid who's so stuck on his 6.0L diesel he'll tell you it's the greatest diesel engine every built and the truck is the most awesome truck ever made. While he's driving his Subura because some thing on the 6.0L broke, again. It's a weekly occurrence. But he'll brag about that truck to the point where he won't shut the f*** up about it and it never dawns on him that it's sitting in his driveway - broke - more than it's on the street. This kid is college "educated" in diesel, but he's so damned blinded by the Blue Oval on the grille that most of his "education" must have went in one ear and out the other because he absolutely refuses to believe there's a damned thing wrong with the 6.0L, that the new 6.7L's from both Ford and Cummins are junk compared to his 6.0L.

Kinda like the band of brothers I used to work for. All Chevy guys. The one wouldn't shut up about how great Chevy is, even as he's standing there talking about how his had the trans out at 40,000, a new transfer case put in at 50,000, and a new rear at 55,000. This kid even went so far as to saying his fat ***, four door Silverado would go anyplace that a Wrangler could go on a trail. You know, Wranglers, that are a third of the size, a third of the weight, and steer like they have all wheel steer. There's so much wrong with his statement I don't even know where to begin.

Sure, there are those on here who believe the same thing about Chrysler. They all need to take the rose colored glasses off, no matter what the brand. Maybe it's because I've worked on just about every brand out there (including the high end, high dollar Euro-trash) that I feel that if I have to put a wrench to it, then it's a piece of s***. If you try to tell the brand blind about the weak points of any given thing they don't want to hear it. The brand loyal knows those weak points and works to improve them.

As far as bailout money and Fiat owning Chrysler, some seem to think that's a bad thing for those of us in the aftermarket end of building cars. It brings about the obvious question of, oh, I don't know... when's the last time you picked up brand new sheetmetal for your Studebaker? Or your Packard? When the brand dies, eventually support for that brand dies with it with it. History has proven it over and over again. It's not new, it's not present, and if the badge is gone it doesn't generate interest in what came before.

One of the reasons I like the idea of the Hellcat (though I'd never own one I'd rather take the money and build what I have into what I want), is that when Fiat first took over the Chrysler brand I remember reading some of the naysayers make the statement "there goes any chance of Chrysler ever building a performance car again! What the hell does Fiat know about performance?" Guess 707hp and a 204 mph sedan answers that question, doesn't it? (Especially if you forget - or ignore - the fact the Enzo was given the green light under Fiat's orders.)

Actually, no, I wasn't talking about you.

I was talking about the guy who seems to post in every thread like this just how awesome the Mustang is compared to every other car or how awesome his F whatever is to every other truck.

As a former Ford tech, I'd dispute most of that, but what the hell. I love Ford. Ford made me a ton of money over the years. And while my sig needs to be updated to take out the Ramcharger and add the same year F150 you'll notice three are two Fords on the list, bringing the total owned to three. You'll also notice none of them are modern. There's a reason for that. As a matter of fact, if I had the money to spend on a new car (which I wouldn't any way, there's no return on the investment) it would be a Hyundai parked in the driveway.

The point is, they all have their weak points and there's a difference between being brand loyal and brand blind.

I work with a kid who's so stuck on his 6.0L diesel he'll tell you it's the greatest diesel engine every built and the truck is the most awesome truck ever made. While he's driving his Subura because some thing on the 6.0L broke, again. It's a weekly occurrence. But he'll brag about that truck to the point where he won't shut the f*** up about it and it never dawns on him that it's sitting in his driveway - broke - more than it's on the street. This kid is college "educated" in diesel, but he's so damned blinded by the Blue Oval on the grille that most of his "education" must have went in one ear and out the other because he absolutely refuses to believe there's a damned thing wrong with the 6.0L, that the new 6.7L's from both Ford and Cummins are junk compared to his 6.0L.

Kinda like the band of brothers I used to work for. All Chevy guys. The one wouldn't shut up about how great Chevy is, even as he's standing there talking about how his had the trans out at 40,000, a new transfer case put in at 50,000, and a new rear at 55,000. This kid even went so far as to saying his fat ***, four door Silverado would go anyplace that a Wrangler could go on a trail. You know, Wranglers, that are a third of the size, a third of the weight, and steer like they have all wheel steer. There's so much wrong with his statement I don't even know where to begin.

Sure, there are those on here who believe the same thing about Chrysler. They all need to take the rose colored glasses off, no matter what the brand. Maybe it's because I've worked on just about every brand out there (including the high end, high dollar Euro-trash) that I feel that if I have to put a wrench to it, then it's a piece of s***. If you try to tell the brand blind about the weak points of any given thing they don't want to hear it. The brand loyal knows those weak points and works to improve them.

As far as bailout money and Fiat owning Chrysler, some seem to think that's a bad thing for those of us in the aftermarket end of building cars. It brings about the obvious question of, oh, I don't know... when's the last time you picked up brand new sheetmetal for your Studebaker? Or your Packard? When the brand dies, eventually support for that brand dies with it with it. History has proven it over and over again. It's not new, it's not present, and if the badge is gone it doesn't generate interest in what came before.

One of the reasons I like the idea of the Hellcat (though I'd never own one I'd rather take the money and build what I have into what I want), is that when Fiat first took over the Chrysler brand I remember reading some of the naysayers make the statement "there goes any chance of Chrysler ever building a performance car again! What the hell does Fiat know about performance?" Guess 707hp and a 204 mph sedan answers that question, doesn't it? (Especially if you forget - or ignore - the fact the Enzo was given the green light under Fiat's orders.)
I`ve owned all 3 american brands, had good and bad cars in all of them. chrysler at heart. the bottom line for me is, at least obama doesn`t own ford or chrysler. chrysler didn`t lie about paying off their bail out which still isn`t paid for. chrysler and ford didn`t recall more cars and trucks in the last few yrs.,like GM has that are more than ever in history. yea the chevys will run great, and I`ve had a couple of fast ones. just my 2 cents--rant over!

I love the OLD Mopars. Just not a fan of the new one ones, And as far as being a Ford fan I have always loved the Stangs and I love mine also. But as usual if you don't agree with somebody on this site or fit into their little click, you get slammed. guess the bail out money remark struck a nerve LOL

I agree 100%....

Personally, I'd Prefer a Factory Cobra, or a factory SRT to either the OP or the Hellcat.

Lest than half the price, and as far as street performance goes, what does it matter if you have 400hp, or 700hp? The great equalizers are traffic lights and the law. Buck either of them and sooner or later, you'll be back to driving your "other" car again, if you are allowed to drive at all.

Just because they can build them, doesn't mean that they should, or that they are worth what they cost, or that they are more worth having than the regular hipo versions of these same carts at a fraction of the cost of these monstrosities.

These cars are superlatives in the car world. Not meant to be used by people like us, and not meant to be used in the way we would imagine using them if they were affordable. Just my opinion.

I'll get off the soap box, now. Didn't mean to offend anyone's sensibilities.

Love them all.... i am a car guy... but prefer mopars ... in my blood...
Lets face it .. competition for the Hellcat is a good thing... Makes people who purchased a hellcat want to sell them to get the next best thing... which means a deal for others who cannot afford the 60000 price tag...
Why is it that NEW Mopars depreciate the most when compared to Fords or Chevies?

maybe if I live to be 87, I will buy a used 2014 challenger rt??????? LOL

old cars are means of transportation, toys, pile of parts for rodders!!!! hellcats are source of entertainment for the mega rich!!???

Why is it that NEW Mopars depreciate the most when compared to Fords or Chevies?

Supply and demand. Let's be honest, there are far more of either Chevy guys or Ford guys than there are MoPar guys. SO, when it comes to these specialty cars, there is a lower demand for them, hence, greater depreciation, faster than the Fords and Chevies.

It has nothing to do with quality, or even power, it has to do with choice. Even when Chrysler was a force in the automobile industry, GM and Ford both outsold Chrysler, a few times over.
Even when it comes to car enthusiasts, GM/Chevy fans outnumber MoPar fans a few times over, as do Ford fans.

Lower demand, higher and faster depreciation, lower prices is the rule, and there is always the exception to be had, though.

I'm just glad they make somewhat cool v8rear wheel powered cars again .
I could afford one if I wanted to give up something or be maxed with debt .
I don't like debt , and I'm not willing to give up my old cars or Harley .
I guess I'm a sideline fan !!!

-
Back