Losing a friend....

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
We are taking Red, our 12+ year old Redbone Coonhound to be put to sleep today. My boy is suffering....he has arthritis and is having a hard time getting around. He has several fatty tumors, one of them is making it hard for Red to breathe.

Sorry to hear that Doug, it's a tough task for sure. I had to part company with my Lab after 17 years.

Sorry to hear about Red. Losing a pet is like losing a family member. Hang in there man.

Thing that is making this even tougher is what he is doing right now....he is outside, barking and trotting the fence line with the neighbors dog....

Very sad to hear this.

It's tough to have to make the decision and follow through, tears your heart out...

Thing that is making this even tougher is what he is doing right now....he is outside, barking and trotting the fence line with the neighbors dog....

That is heart rending...difficult to take comfort that today he can get out and be himself and spend one last time with a friend. You are the best friend of all to take his pain away.

This is true Love and can be painful. (not Hollywood Love).
This is a gift from God. We are blessed in so many ways that
we take it for granted.
Lost "Sheba" American Eskimo 11 1/2 years ago. My wife and I had to put her
to sleep and knew the date and time. Tumor in the spine.( Atheist back then).
Lost Lynn (my wife) just about 3 years ago. Now I am totally done in life.
BUT! Then I found the LORD!(Lord found me and my broken heart).
Look to the sky's at night and wonder? Now wonder as to why we wonder?
Have "Krissy" now with Cushing disease (tumor in brain). She is over the 2
year mark of being alive and still going. Medication 2 times daily.
I will be in the same boots as you in a short time.
Please remain strong and understand the love that you have is a good thing.
I Pray for you!!!

Darryl

I feel for you. Not easy to deal with.
Have had Labs my whole life.
The older I get, the harder it is when it comes that time.

Each dog has their own personality and those memories are endless.

Dave

Stubby will greet him with a smack on the nose. Awful sorry Doug.

Attachments

• STUBBY RECOVER.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 131
Wow Doug, sorry to hear about Red!!! I know how much you love your dogs, I sincerely hope you can find peace in knowing that his suffering will have ended, but his spirit is going to be alive and well in your heart forever!! Peace to you and Ernestine!!

Well....Red is no longer in pain. Red looked so peaceful. Hated to walk away from my boy. Cried my eyes out...sure am going to miss Red.....

Aw Man..... Awful sorry to hear that. Just try to remember all the good times with him.

One of the hardest things you will go through.At least it was for me.Had (yes)a pitbull.
Slept with me for 13 years was the best friend i ever had.Paid 100 dollars to a family member
to bury him.Just could not do it.Like a kid to me.I know exactly how you feel.My grandmother always had animals.She said the only thing about them is you out live them and it always hurts
for along time.Never had another dog since.Also she said that time is the only thing that heals that hurt

Missing my boy.....

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1440893416390.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 86
I am sorry to hear this Doug! I know how you feel. Still brings me to tears when I think about having to say goodbye to my old girl Lucy. That was almost 3 years ago.

Truly sucks to here about all this,...Lost my Ollie last fall , same kinda deal, vet came over to the house.....

I once read somewhere that the reason the lord takes are best friends so soon , is so we can enjoy the comfort of more than one,...

Probably don't make it any easier for today,.... but its best to think about alla time you had, and the cool things Red could do,...Best thoughts to ya bro,...

-
Back