LOST 1969 Cuda

-

1969 Cuda340

Reaction score
c:users\owner\pictures\2014-03-13cudapictures
c:cudapictures001_crop.jpg
In 1970 I bought a 69 Cuda but did not know that only 68 Notchback 4-speed 340 Cuda's were built. Sold car to pay my daughter's hospital bills. Would like to find the car again but need vin number as the DMV will not tell me anything with out it. Does any body have a list of the 1969 Cuda's that were shipped to Georgia and maybe there vin numbers? Tried to add pictures but I must be doing something wrong. Will add later if I learn how to put them on.

I have a few of the VINs, and I used to own one as well. I am starting a registry, but have to iron out a couple of details before I go live with it.

Tell me more about the car. What color code? How long ago was it sold? Any pictures of it? I can tell you that another member was able to buy back his 340 cuda with 3.91s...if you look up "pa karp" for members you can read about it, so stranger things have happened.

You might also try posting at moparts as well, though they are sometimes not a nice as members over here.

PM me your e-mail if you want more info.

Shane

Take a look through the classified pages. There are 2 listed for sale both by the same owner who knows the cars well.

In 1970 I bought a 69 Cuda but did not know that only 68 Notchback 4-speed 340 Cuda's were built. Sold car to pay my daughter's hospital bills. Would like to find the car again but need vin number as the DMV will not tell me anything with out it. Does any body have a list of the 1969 Cuda's that were shipped to Georgia and maybe there vin numbers?

OK u have me confused! "In 1970 I bought a 69 Cuda but did not know that only 68 Notchback 4-speed 340 Cuda's were built"
When any one tells me they have a '69 'cuda, my first question is....is it a barracuda or a 'cuda???????
Big difference!! That's why in '69 Mopar came out with the" 'cuda package"!! Only because people on the STREET were calling the Barracuda a 'cuda for short slang!

I have a few of the VINs, and I used to own one as well. I am starting a registry, but have to iron out a couple of details before I go live with it.

Tell me more about the car. What color code? How long ago was it sold? Any pictures of it? I can tell you that another member was able to buy back his 340 cuda with 3.91s...if you look up "pa karp" for members you can read about it, so stranger things have happened.

You might also try posting at moparts as well, though they are sometimes not a nice as members over here.

PM me your e-mail if you want more info.

Shane
When the dealership got my Cuda in 1969 they used it as a drag car for all of 1969 and then put it on the used car lot. The car was a notchback. It was painted Barracuda orange with a black vinyl roof. It had the 340 engine that they blue printed, 4-speed and 3.91 gears. It had the hood and lower body stripes and hood scoops. They never lost a race with this car. I sold the back to the dealership in 1973. This car was seen in the same town in 1979 and at that time it was owned by an older guy. The dealership closed in 1979 and I found one of the owners the other day and he said that none of the dealership records were ever kept. I have some pictures that I will try and get on here. Larry

OK u have me confused! "In 1970 I bought a 69 Cuda but did not know that only 68 Notchback 4-speed 340 Cuda's were built"
When any one tells me they have a '69 'cuda, my first question is....is it a barracuda or a 'cuda???????
Big difference!! That's why in '69 Mopar came out with the" 'cuda package"!! Only because people on the STREET were calling the Barracuda a 'cuda for short slang!
My car was an honest 1969 Cuda 340. Painted Barracuda orange. It had black vinyl roof, 340 engine , 4-speed with hurst shifter, 3.91 gears and hood scoops with hood and body stripes. Duel exhaust with chrome exhaust tips.

And I do thank you AGAIN BB-Dave! The 'Cuda is waiting for a new fuel tank, exhaust and then it will run again after many years.

Pa karp (Curt Rees)

The first picture was taken in 1971 of my 1969 Cuda 340. You have to over look the guy in the picture, he was only 21 at that time. The second picture was taken in 1972 and shows the back of the car. The third picture is the car that I have now a 1969 SC/Rambler .

Attachments

• Cuda pictures 001_crop.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 512
  • Rambler 001_crop.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 546
In 1970 I bought a 69 Cuda but did not know that only 68 Notchback 4-speed 340 Cuda's were built.

just a side question: how rare is an A56 fastback?

My dad still has his 69 Y2 yellow A56 340/4speed fastback that he bought as a used car in 1972. Did they make more fastbacks than notches or the other way around?

I hope that you find your 'Cuda! I never thought I would ever find mine after losing track of it back in 1995, but I did.

Don't give up on it, it may still be out there. The internet and this web site helped me find mine. Thanks FABO!

I believe there were 402 1969 340 'Cuda 4 speed fast backs built. Maybe Shane or BB-Dave can attest to this.

Pa karp (Curt Rees):burnout:

Curt is spot on with his guess of 402 340 4 speed FBs...according to this link. My white book from Galen is at home, and I can check that later.

http://www.plymouthbarracuda.net/information/1969-barracuda-production.shtml

As a sidenote, if you dad still has it yellowdart72, I would love to get a picture of the fender tag for inclusion into the 1969 340, A53, A56 and A57 registry that I am going to publish soon, or pictures of the car as well. You can PM me your e-mail if you would like to talk further.

Shane

just a side question: how rare is an A56 fastback?

My dad still has his 69 Y2 yellow A56 340/4speed fastback that he bought as a used car in 1972. Did they make more fastbacks than notches or the other way around?
The information that I have shows that 402 1969 Cuda Fastback 4 speeds were made and 68 Nochback .

Based on the information I have about existing A56 cars (which admittedly is a little bit dated), there is only 1 1969 R4 Red 'cuda (which I used to own. That is not to say that you car is not still out there, as it only included 4 of the 68 1969 A56 4 speed notches. Do you have fender tag info for your old car? Do you have the name of the guy you sold it to?

Based on the information I have about existing A56 cars (which admittedly is a little bit dated), there is only 1 1969 R4 Red 'cuda (which I used to own. That is not to say that you car is not still out there, as it only included 4 of the 68 1969 A56 4 speed notches. Do you have fender tag info for your old car? Do you have the name of the guy you sold it to?
I do not have the fender tag numbers or the last 6 numbers of the vin. I wish I did. Back in the day when I bought this car no body that I knew even knew how rare these cars were. I had a friend who worked at the sears auto dept. and she told me that in 1979 an older guy brought the car in for an oil change and she thought it was me and by the time she came back from lunch the car was gone. She was car crazy, drove a 1969 Road Runner. She passed away in 1995. Sold the car back to the Plymouth dealership in 1973. I talked to one of the owners and he said that the dealership closed in 1979 and none of the records were kept. The car could be sitting in a garage as the older guy could have passed away. The car I have now sat in a garage for 12 years before I bought it.

-
Back