Lost hemi,Twice

-

Mrmopartech

Reaction score
I am wondering how many fellow members have lost a hemi due to the fact the wife wanted a new full rap around cabinets and kitchen island and a new bathroom.As it stands now,I have 1 hemi in the kitchen and a nother in the bathroom.Some 25grand later,too many hours of labour,and to many times yelling at the cat to get its F/in feet out of the cement and glue,and its done.Just want to know how many other members are on the edge of a divorce over a kitchen or bathroom,mrmopartech

Not me, I'm divorced. My advice, buy 1 part at a time and hide them till your ready to assemble the engine.

No way. My wife knows how much my car means to me. When I want a part for the car, I save up for it. So she can do the same. I fell for you man but you need to go and get your balls back. LOL

Do you mean you moved it and lost it twice as in alzheimers is kicking in? lol

I guess I am also one of the lucky ones. If I want it, the wife says go get it. She supports my mopar habbit. She likes to ride shotgun..... :):-D

My wife and I got that **** straight when we first started dating each other. I don't ***** about her hobbies and she don't ***** about mine. Besides, the down payment on our first house was do to me selling a couple cars I flipped. I tell her like this. If we ever really come up against it I can always sell my hobby. It sure won't be for any other reason besides losing the house. Not for a BLEEPIN bathroom! I agree with burntorange on this one.

I am most definetely blessed. :love7:I live with My Girlfriend If it wasn't for her I would not have My Dart ,and nowhere to park it. She supports My hobby even if she does not understand it . If I'm pondering a purchase she just says "if you can afford it and it makes you happy do it "! The only thing I lose is time. seems whenever I wanna work on the Dart something around the house needs attention.

Well, I can certainly see your point about the money wasted on "house stuff". My wife is a peach - no big outrageous demands, and when she does want something, I listen very carefully, and if it's reasonable, she gets it. I buy & sell and trade parts and cars all the time - as long as the bacon is on the table she's a happy camper. The only downside is, she likes to drive too, shotgun ain't all its cut out to be.:-D
Daryl

Ive never had to give up a Hemi......BUT how about a 67 firebird, 70 chevelle, 72 cutlass, and a 75 cutlass? Thats why Im now building my 66 fish as a single man and this ones not going anywhere unless its my idea. I feel for you and I have to say that its a sure sign of how much she means to you to make the sacrafices to ensure shes happy.

Do I love my wife,YES,do I want to listen to her and her twin sister and the mother complain about the kitchen and the bathroom ,NO.The three sound like a bunch of crows on a wire,talking at the top of there lungs and not listening to 1 word either is saying.It seems to me the lessor of two eveils,spend the money and that will shut them up for a while,not a long time, but for a while.I have to set them up for the front engine dragster,that should go over really well with the wife and my mom,mrmopartech

Hummm, sell my MoPar (Or any part thereoff) and keep the wife happy... not me...OR

Sell the wife, get me twice as happy and live with broke down kitchen....

I can do a broken down kitchen easy.

Do I love my wife,YES,do I want to listen to her and her twin sister and the mother complain about the kitchen and the bathroom ,NO.The three sound like a bunch of crows on a wire,talking at the top of there lungs and not listening to 1 word either is saying.It seems to me the lessor of two eveils,spend the money and that will shut them up for a while,not a long time, but for a while.I have to set them up for the front engine dragster,that should go over really well with the wife and my mom,mrmopartech

I know where your coming from Scott. My wife and sister-in-law get together and my brother-in-law and I head for the hills. They have a ***** session and we pay for it for weeks. They don't know how lucky they are to have us. We don't run around on them and we work around our respective house's endlessly. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. LOL

Jack

I don't have any of those problems.
I decorate the house the way I want to. I did have a problem with the wife's choice of boyfriends so I handled that problem myself. She has been an ex for 17 years.
P4171404.jpg

1972DinnerTable-1.jpg

P6041685.jpg

All I gotta say is WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:

I don't have any of those problems.
I decorate the house the way I want to. I did have a problem with the wife's choice of boyfriends so I handled that problem myself. She has been an ex for 17 years.
P4171404.jpg

1972DinnerTable-1.jpg

P6041685.jpg

For me, it came down to priorities. I knew the house would net us the most money in return, so I put all my projects on the back burner--that was a quality decision I made on my own, not really her decision. I remodeled the kitchen and bath and then sold the house for 3 times what I paid for it originally. I moved to another state, bought two houses, and resumed said car project. It was a better deal in the long run, even though 10 years later. Wife is supportive since the majority of our decisions are mutual: first discussed and then implemented with mutual consent.

I do feel for ya though, especially if these things keep slipping past your fingers time and time again.

I try to keep things balanced. The wife supports my car habit, and I try to keep things done around the house and yard. It is taking me a long time to get my Valiant finished, but the house and yard work are all up to snuff, so the Mrs. is happy. Life in general is about compromises.

Love the 2 wheeled bar stools :) The only way I've found it to work out is this. Think of it like a bill that needs to pass in the senate and tack on a little extra cash for a pet project of your choosing... Wood floors cost me $2500 ( add in $350 for Inset car part here ) total cost of project $2850....
I'll use this example but it was a win win for me : Wife wanted a new TV because the old one ( 36 CRT ) was taking up too much space in the living room. Soooo, $900 for a 42 LCD and $400 for a 4-speed and everybody's happy. My car is a daily driver so anything less than a car payment a month is a good month. :cheers:

Well said OldVart !

My wife would never ask me to sell something that makes me happy so she could get something to make her happy. If it was that critical we'd go to the bank, they have lots of money, well the Canadian ones still do :-D

For me, it came down to priorities. I knew the house would net us the most money in return, so I put all my projects on the back burner--that was a quality decision I made on my own, not really her decision. I remodeled the kitchen and bath and then sold the house for 3 times what I paid for it originally. I moved to another state, bought two houses, and resumed said car project. It was a better deal in the long run, even though 10 years later. Wife is supportive since the majority of our decisions are mutual: first discussed and then implemented with mutual consent.

I do feel for ya though, especially if these things keep slipping past your fingers time and time again.

Yeah I thought that about my house, spent two years and all my $$$$$$$$, now the banks gonna get it. Never again, car will always come first. You were lucky to beat the crash.

My kitchen looks like crap and my bathroom is worse.But damn that hemi looks good!!!

-
Back