lost in sause

-

unknownsnake

Reaction score
im trying to get parts for my 8 3/4 but i forgot what car it came out of. So what a body came with a 8 3/4?

67-69 Barracuda's also used a 8-3/4. Since all the seals and axle parts are the same for any A-body application you shouldn't have any problem finding parts. Only diff. in them is what carrier is in it i.e. 489, 741, or 742. I don't think a 742 was used in any stock A-body but you never know what may have been installed over the yrs.

If you are looking for Brake parts, the two main sizes were 10x2.5, and 11x3. Sure there are others...but for the 8 3/4, these seem to be most common. You should be able to determine this by the backing plates if you have them.

For the 10x2.5, I tell the parts guy that I am looking for brakes parts for a 68 Plymouth Satellite.

I hope this helps, I am actually doing the exact same thing. I had a B-body housing that I just had narrowed...so I am buying the brakes now.

Thanks,
OldMoparsRule!

If you are looking for Brake parts, the two main sizes were 10x2.5, and 11x3. Sure there are others...but for the 8 3/4, these seem to be most common. You should be able to determine this by the backing plates if you have them.

For the 10x2.5, I tell the parts guy that I am looking for brakes parts for a 68 Plymouth Satellite.

I hope this helps, I am actually doing the exact same thing. I had a B-body housing that I just had narrowed...so I am buying the brakes now.

Thanks,
OldMoparsRule!

Humm... I thought all A-body brakes were 10 x 1-3/4.

Humm... I thought all A-body brakes were 10 x 1-3/4.

I am sorry, I am not trying to mislead anyone. My response was based on my looking for 10x2.5 parts. In looking for these parts, I had to tell them my car was a B body (68 Satellite)...and the only options were 10x2.5 and 11x3. Maybe if I had listed an A body, I would have seen the 1-3/4.

Thanks,
OldMoparsRule!

I am sorry, I am not trying to mislead anyone. My response was based on my looking for 10x2.5 parts. In looking for these parts, I had to tell them my car was a B body (68 Satellite)...and the only options were 10x2.5 and 11x3. Maybe if I had listed an A body, I would have seen the 1-3/4.

Thanks,
OldMoparsRule!

No problem. I didn't think you were trying to be misleading. I was just saying I thought all stock A-bodies used the 10 x 1-3/4 brakes. I'm not absolutely sure myself, but I think that's right. And you have a good point as he didn't say it was an A-body rear. I assumed it was since the car in his avatar looks to be a Duster but it could be out of anything. He hasn't posted anything back so I'm not sure what's up.

No problem. I didn't think you were trying to be misleading. I was just saying I thought all stock A-bodies used the 10 x 1-3/4 brakes. I'm not absolutely sure myself, but I think that's right. And you have a good point as he didn't say it was an A-body rear. I assumed it was since the car in his avatar looks to be a Duster but it could be out of anything. He hasn't posted anything back so I'm not sure what's up.

It's all good. With all of the unknowns with switching parts on these old cars, I would feel real bad if I wrote something that was not accurate.

Thanks again,
OldMoparsRule!

You can also get 87-89 Dakota backing plates,they work on the 8 3/4.I just had to cut of a clip down by the adjuster and they work fine.Easy access also at any parts dealer.When saying 68?They get confused?Around here it,s all young dudes working in parts places,that have no clue!

-
Back