Lost my best buddy chloe

-
Very sorry for your loss Mike, I had to make the same decision 2 weeks ago and theres been lots of tears since. All the awesome memories will eventually overcome this pain, take care my friend.

Hi Mike.
I held off posting on this thread because I know that pain. We had a little black & tan Chi named Josie Girl that actually picked me out to be her best friend. She went everywhere with me. Driving down the road, she'd climb up and lay on my left shoulder looking out the windshield with me. She followed me everywhere I went...I mean everywhere. So much so, I had to be careful where I stepped to keep from stepping on her. If I was out in the shop working, she'd be out there laying on her blanket watching my every move. If I sat down in the easy chair, she'd have to be in my lap...no compromises. If I was on the tractor, she was in my lap. It was like she & I were one. This went on for a good 14 years till one day she had a seizure, got real sick and couldn't pull out of it. I had to make that same dreaded decision that you made. It liked to killed me to do it. It took me months, almost a year, to really get over that decision, but I didn't want my little best friend to suffer any longer, and I know I did the right thing by her. To this day, whenever I pass by her grave, I still grieve over her. Yep...it's tough, but hang in there, there are many of us that have gone thru it. Be thankful you had her as long as you did. Take care, LJ

That's what I call a best friend right there^^^^^^^^^^^

Very sorry for your loss.

I have a much harder time with their loss than the loss of any human family member. Hope that's not wrong of me, I have just connected with my dogs better than any human being.

she was my child i have no kids she was my kid my heart feels so empty ..............sorry guys i just got to let it out she was born on 6 24 2011 little over 6 years old to young
don't be to sad I'm sure God didn't make our animals we love to just die and never come back. he loves them to.

I know I'll be back with chloe but I which I could have had more time with her. I really miss her
and that's why I choose not to have animals it hurts to bad when I live longer than they do.

and that's why I choose not to have animals it hurts to bad when I live longer than they do.
your right i have two other lab dogs they know chloe is gone they play all the time they are80 90 lbs each but she play with them all the time and now they are down and they know shes gone i sit down all they do is come up to me and laid now on me or right next to me

your right i have two other lab dogs they know chloe is gone they play all the time they are80 90 lbs each but she play with them all the time and now they are down and they know shes gone i sit down all they do is come up to me and laid now on me or right next to me

You are absolutely correct. Dogs know each other and know when other dogs are gone. And it affects them.

Sorry to hear about your Dog (Your buddy) it is so hard when you get so close to them and do everything with them. I lost a few over the years. RIP Chloe.

Sorry to hear about your Dog (Your buddy) it is so hard when you get so close to them and do everything with them. I lost a few over the years. RIP Chloe.
Thanks everyone for the words it just to helps me to talk about her

I am 69 and I still have memories (good ones) of a little dog I had that died when I was 7.

I say there is nothing wrong with loving your animals.

badlilred79, I lost my best dog friends last year, one I had to put him down. The hurt and pain will gradually get better, but your love for that dog will never diminish. And I agree, you two will be together one day.

-
Back