lost my gas cap

-
I have reproductions available in stock and ready to ship. I have them in the gray primer version and fully chromed too.

There's also a boardmember, damraider, who makes custom billet caps as well if that's what you're looking for.

Depends on your personal taste.....

This is great news !

There's a guy whom works in the same industrial complex as me . He has a '64 Dart 2 door HT that's his daily driver ; and this car is missing its gas cap (!!) .
The caps available where I work are generic looking , too-small-but-will-"work" caps .

I'll have to let him know about the availability of these !

here's a pic of the billet ones:

IMG_1472.jpg

IMG_1471.jpg

Just remember this: Dart Wagon Gas Caps are different from all other Gas Caps!

Good Luck,
Later,
Bruce B.

Just remember this: Dart Wagon Gas Caps are different from all other Gas Caps!

Good Luck,
Later,
Bruce B.

They are? If that is the case that explains why the one I lost, which I got for $10 at Spring Fling, did not fit that well. Also I bought a cap for $6 at Napa last night that would not fit at all. (I retuned it right away) Does Waggin or any of the other wagon guys here know what I can use? This morning, so they would let me park in the garage at work, I stuffed a ball of aluminum foil in to block any more gas from splashing out. also it is raining, so I want to keep water out. Is this dangerous for any reason?

Open gas tank opening, or partially filled opening is dangerous for many reasons. Driving down the road, rock flipped up, hit side of car, spark, flame. Make a sharp right, splash gas down quarter, Neighboring car flicks a cigarette out at stop light in heat, spark-flame the fumes, etc.

A rag or foil is better than nothing, but adds danger to when you are out.

Open gas tank opening, or partially filled opening is dangerous for many reasons. Driving down the road, rock flipped up, hit side of car, spark, flame. Make a sharp right, splash gas down quarter, Neighboring car flicks a cigarette out at stop light in heat, spark-flame the fumes, etc.

Well hopefully the rain will help as far as sparks and flame goes. But I am trying to get a new cap as soon as I can. What was the cap you got? How does it look?

NOT TRUE!!!

A rag is MUCH WORSE than nothing. Turns your gas tank into a Malotov cocktail, just waiting. Fumes will permeate the rag, the rag will cause more vapors to stay in the filler tube, concentrating them more than if they had an unobstructed path, and the rag will act like a catch-all for anything flammable. The rag will become an easier ignition site than just the fumes coming out the tank.

Agree

NOT TRUE!!!

A rag is MUCH WORSE than nothing. Turns your gas tank into a Malotov cocktail, just waiting. Fumes will permeate the rag, the rag will cause more vapors to stay in the filler tube, concentrating them more than if they had an unobstructed path, and the rag will act like a catch-all for anything flammable. The rag will become an easier ignition site than just the fumes coming out the tank.

That is sort of what I was thinking this morning so I opted for a tin foil plug instead of a dish towel

I got a cheapo Stant that I hit with a grinder to get the lugs to fit in the filler neck. Chrome and plastic handle, about the right size, but the thing locks in a 2-7 o'clock position, suppose I can change that if I unscrew the handle and rotate the lugs. Dont mind the scrappy appearance, I hadn't seen it in 3 months!
DSC00002.JPG

DSC00004.JPG

DSC00005.JPG

DSC00006.JPG

Stant makes a locking version 10572 and a non-locker primarily for the 71 and later 10800. I've removed the warning label from a 10800 and re-finished two to match the Dart and the Demon respectively. It's my fall back in case I loose a cap.

Stant makes a locking version 10572 and a non-locker primarily for the 71 and later 10800. I've removed the warning label from a 10800 and re-finished two to match the Dart and the Demon respectively. It's my fall back in case I loose a cap.

I had called Kragen and they said they did not have a cap that would fit my car. I called them just now and gave them the 10800 number and Oh yeah, we have that in stock $7.99"

They wont let me park here at work, I am next door at a grocery store hoping they don't tow it.

I ordered one of those nice looking caps from Damraider yesterday, after he confirmed it fit fine on his wagon, but I might go buy that stant one too, just to have a back up, and so I can park here in the morning.

Got the Stant cap. Fits fine, but will replace it when the one comes from Damraider. Till then I can at least park it here at work every day. I work in the music business, it is always fun to pull in past the Bentleys Mazaratis and Porches in the Dart.

-
Back