Lost Title: 1964 Dart

-

realpank

Reaction score
I am looking at purchasing a 1964 Dart but the car has no title. Car was bought in Portland , OR and legally brought over the border to Canada were it was driven without an ownership for several years(he never bothered but it into his name). Car ended up in Southern Ontario and is now abandoned.

Any ideas on how I can get an ownership Certificate for this car?

Thanks in advance,
Chris

Noticed you live in Ontario . I have gotten 3-4 ownerships by going to the Justice of the peace ( The last one I got i had my MP office stamp and sign it ) and filling out an affidavit that the car has been purchased legally and to the best of my knowledge is not stolen . Have the car appraised as it sits and , then go to the motor vehicle office pay the taxes and have it put in your name . I bought a F150 with only 65000 miles on it a few years ago because everyone was afraid to buy it without an ownership

Noticed you live in Ontario . I have gotten 3-4 ownerships by going to the Justice of the peace ( The last one I got i had my MP office stamp and sign it ) and filling out an affidavit that the car has been purchased legally and to the best of my knowledge is not stolen . Have the car appraised as it sits and , then go to the motor vehicle office pay the taxes and have it put in your name . I bought a F150 with only 65000 miles on it a few years ago because everyone was afraid to buy it without an ownership

Were any of these US cars?? If the car in question has NEVER had an ownership in Canada, it might be difficult...but I dont know for sure. I have brought a few cars back from the US and all had titles.
I gotta ask...how the heck did it get in to Canada LEGALLY without a title??

I have gotten 3-4 ownerships by going to the Justice of the peace .......... and filling out an affidavit that the car has been purchased legally and to the best of my knowledge is not stolen

I don't understand this at all. If anyone could do this, anytime, anyplace, there would be no protection at all from theft of cars, and titles or other ownership docs would be meaningless

All mine were from Canada originally . I would call the M T.O and ask . I,m sure if its over a certain age there has to be a way . I would assume if it was abandoned up here all you would need is a bill of sale .

-
Back