Lotsa progress on my interior.

-

cudaspaz

Reaction score
Bit the bullet and went to year one today and got some dynamat and carpet.

I threw my old door panels on for the time being but they look pretty ratty.

I made a custom hat shelf, and finally installed my rear seats...whew what a mother they were to get through the roll cage.
I had to muscle them in and I ended up bending the upper seat back almost in half to get it in.
I bent it back after I got it in but it has a bit of a crease now LOL.

I installed the dynamat and the carpet, not fun cutting holes in the carpet for the seats and seast belts, well the carpet is not bad but the insulation padding underneath is a ***** to cut with anything I tried.

I sprayed my door sill plates semi flat black because the aluminum looked crappy, plus black goes well with my color scheme.

I cleaned her all up and got it ready for a pretty big general anything goes car show.
They are expecting at least 250 cars to show up, and the top 25 cars will go on a parade lap if they can run without overheating.

1-9.jpg

2-4.jpg

6-2.jpg

8-2.jpg

10.jpg

11-3.jpg

Looking really good, Cudaspaz! I bet that back seat was more than a 'Mother' to fish through that roll cage. I'm afraid if it had of been me, I would have just carpeted the back seat area and been done with it.
Your Cuda is looking really sharp. Good luck at that car show.

Your car is looking fantastic !!!! Did you get the parade lap?

Thanks guys.

No, I was not about to give up getting those seats in if it killed me.

I scratched the crap out of the roll bars doing it but they will be covered in black padding anyways so no big loss there.

By the way, the sign on the front seat say's "No begging".

Looks good Cudaspaz!Got feel like new underwear!!LOL!

Yep, and it's much, much more quiet inside now.

I tweaked my carb a bit as well and added some royal purple liquid ice stuff I got from Year-One.
It's supposed to make the car run cooler and lube the water pump seals, so I will report if I wasted my money or not.LOL.

Damn that interior looks awesome! I have some of the purple ice stuff in the duster, I noticed it dropped my temps in traffic.

I think the interior looks great, but I can't tell??? The only thing I can see in these pictures is that amazing looking rear window trim!!

It looks excellent. I'm sure your a lock for the parade lap, enjoy it!!!

wow that looks amazing. one thing i have used that works pretty good to cut up the new caqrpet lol is a soldering iron and just melt thru it lol. then in wont pull out and works pretty good. or get a pick or small screwdriver and heat it way up with a torch. good luck with the show and keep it up. the car is amazing:)

I think the interior looks great, but I can't tell??? The only thing I can see in these pictures is that amazing looking rear window trim!!

It looks excellent. I'm sure your a lock for the parade lap, enjoy it!!!

Yeah man, that trim really makes the car look much better.
Thanks again for going out of your way to get it for me Rich.

Now the front trim I got from a dart is another story......
The fitment is not so great and it's barely making contact with the clips in most places.
I chipped alot of paint in the front trying to get it on right so I gotta get the windshield guy back over to get it locked down right, then get the paint touched up.

Oh the joys of this hobby.

That don't mean I'm not gonna drive it like I stole it ha, ha.

The car looks freakin great, Spazzo! Keep up the awesome work.
I just LOVE red cars! :D Yours was one of the first cars I drooled over when I joined in 2007.

George

Looking good Spaz!

The trim around the rear glass does look really good. I can't wait until I get mine installed. I bet you did have a time with that rear seat... lol!

Looking good Spaz!

The trim around the rear glass does look really good. I can't wait until I get mine installed. I bet you did have a time with that rear seat... lol!

As much work I did with metal trim cleaning, bending crap and cutting with an exacto knife, I can't believe I did not cut myself.

Anyways, I wish I had the Mullinax special stainless trim buffing wheels and polish stuff otherwise I may have popped my trim on gleaming as it should be, but I just cleaned it and popped it on, and it's in no way as nice as it could be.

Now Spaz..... did I not tell you that I would have buffed them out for you for free!

It would have been a perfect time for me to ride down and meet in person and pick the trim up. We wouldn't want to ship them unless we really had to.

Seats and inside is lookin sweet! But it is going in a sweet ride as well. Keep up the good work cudaspaz. Good luck at the show!
Matt

You have dun an outstanding job building this great barracuda spaz=P~:rock:
And the trim and interior and the dynamat and carpet look top shelf.:thumbrig:
So you are going to be in a parade today?
Glad to see you put the back seat in and took the time to do it :thumbrig:
Wish I could be there to get some pictures spaz
Have a great day and be careful around everyone in your Cuda :toothy10:

Man the car is looking great, just can't wait to get mine back and running. Love the stripe. keep up the great work

cudaspaz.... great work as always. I love the look you went with

Looks great!! I bet it feels good to finally have a full interior again after "X" number of years. I drove mine without interior for about 5 years......I sure don't miss the tincan sound!

Same here. When my heap was first thrown together 8 yrs. ago I had no carpet or sound deadener!

Spaz, your car is looking incredible.... I can't wait to see it in Mopar Muscle or Hot Rod :read2:

Ya `no.... it could happen with a piece THAT nice!

You are a determined man to get that back seat in there. Now I want to see somebody sitting in it, LOL. Looks great.........need to work on mine.

-
Back