loud hood springs

-

mad dog

Reaction score
i just got my Duster back from the painter, the hood closes very nice but the hood springs are loud, i know they are dry cuz they were blasted ,primed and painter.
before i put my inner fender shields on can someone recommend a product to lube the spring? also if someone recommends a particular grease how do you apply it?
Do i just smear it into the circular wound spring?
any help or suggestions are of course appreciated.... oh yeah one more area thats really loud is the trunk , where would one apply lube in that area...Rich

Slide a piece of cardboard up behind them and then spray with Krown Rust and Lube or Film Fluid. Note that the FFilm is made from Wool if you have allergies.

Dribble some engine oil onto the pivot points. I do my hingers [ & door hinges ] once a year.
Put rag underneath to soak up any excess.

Slide a piece of cardboard up behind them and then spray with Krown Rust and Lube or Film Fluid. Note that the FFilm is made from Wool if you have allergies.
Fluid Film is the bees knees and that's no joke.

just so that im reading this correctly, your talking about the hood circular wound spring correct? Is that the area i should spray with fluid film?
will that product last for a very long time? Once i put the inner splash shields on that area will not be accesible. Thanks guys for the responses, its appreciated...Rich

If you are going to remove the inner shields, undue the 2 bottom fender bolts too. The push nuts that hold your hinges in place like to work their way out, making things sloppy. I use small worm gear clamps to keep things in place, lube all of the hinge pivot points. Your trunk has slides on torsion bars etc. All pivot points need to be lubed. If it's still noisey, you missed some.

Good advice everyone, thanks for responding, much appreciated...Rich

-
Back