louvers

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
This guy had an NOS one for the rear window, missing the mounting hardware.
This was at the end of November, it was listed on Ebay at the time, to the best of my knowledge, his reserve was not met. (I don't recall the $).
They are an extremely rare item for Darts and Dusters, these were more common on Chally's and 'Cuda's as well as Aspens and Volare's.

It's only been 6 weeks, he might still have it, make sure you are sitting down when he tells you the $$$.

http://www.rmparts.com/

Good luck.

Thanks for the replys, but i check EBAY regularly and the only ones available are ebody and roadrunners, but thanks for the reply. Walt

how different from volares are the units? local has a 78 vloare that has the rear 1/4 window louvers-- -- just asking,Lawrence

I could not even find a Duster with louvers in google....searched many pages....anyone have a pic of a set?

I agree that making rear louvers would probably be a decent business, especially if you could do Cuda/Chally, 71-up Roadrunners and some others. Every single one is different. Oh wait, you could do camaro louvers for your bread and butter money to make the Mopar louvers cheaper!

eeeiich, I feel so dirty now that I even mentioned brand x. Quick grab me some Sure grip lube that I can rub all over myself! I'll feel cleaner then.

I actually have an old issue of Chrysler Enthusiast that has a red duster in it with louvers and air dam spoiler under the bumpe. I actually thought about trying to contact the owners and find out where they got them.

I could not even find a Duster with louvers in google....searched many pages....anyone have a pic of a set?

I agree that making rear louvers would probably be a decent business, especially if you could do Cuda/Chally, 71-up Roadrunners and some others. Every single one is different. Oh wait, you could do camaro louvers for your bread and butter money to make the Mopar louvers cheaper!

eeeiich, I feel so dirty now that I even mentioned brand x. Quick grab me some Sure grip lube that I can rub all over myself! I'll feel cleaner then.

here is an original pic i have.

louvers.jpg

Chrysler never put louvers on Dusters or Dart Sports from the factory. The place to get them? JC Whitney. Yep, they used to be in the jc catalog for anyone to buy. You might try JC, or keep plugging on the ebag. good luck.

here is a link to some more pics and an article from mopar collectors guide. it shows the louvers with part numbers? may have just been a mr. norms thing who knows. either way they to this day have never been produced as i was told by this guy. i wonder if they ever got possesion of them in the first place?

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=11548

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back