Low h.p. from a 360 / 408 Stroker

-
Not bragging,if I were in the mid 10,s then ofcourse I,d be bragging.That would deserve bragging rights.LOL

I was just funnin around. hell man you deserve braggin rights right where you are.

Isn't funny how most thread end up with people commenting on other peoples post that have no meaning to the original. Lmao! I think we have all been guilty of this!

Isn't funny how most thread end up with people commenting on other peoples post that have no meaning to the original. Lmao! I think we have all been guilty of this!

true, but this is an exception. if you're gonna race your car, you could do a LOT worse than to look at Scott's (pettybluedart) car. his is a REALLY good package. you could probably pick his brain for some good ideas.....even though your speeds are vastly different.

Thanks for all the posts, I read each post with great intent and will use the opinions everyone offered.

Petty's car runs good, but it "should" run those #s easy from what i see, a friend of mine has less in his 408 Dart & runs 10.6s @ 125/126.

My thought is what I have learned that compression is HP and if you put too much cam with low compression it will hurt your HP. Low compression like yours is great with a turbo or some type of boost but not normally aspiratted. I prefer around 10.5 to 1 in anything I build and a good port and polish.

Someone might have already said this but 9.5 comp with aluminum & in conjunction with that cam is low.

10.1 min with aluminum [HEAT]jmo

The cam is alright though small ... but 10.1 comp would also be better, whats the cranking/dynamic psi ?

carb is small'ish also, but between 700 & 800cfm[what I recomend] is roughly a 20hp diff.

but this all just estimates and in relativity to how i would begin to approach getting you closer the power level you hoped for.

My thought is what I have learned that compression is HP and if you put too much cam with low compression it will hurt your HP. Low compression like yours is great with a turbo or some type of boost but not normally aspiratted. I prefer around 10.5 to 1 in anything I build and a good port and polish.

yep

-
Back