low profile tires on duster

-

74duster

Reaction score
Anybody have low profile tires on their Duster? I'm thinking about buying a set that a guy in my car club has. It's tough for me to visualize what they will look like though.
If you have pics of some on your car, could you post them? It would be a big help to have an idea what the look would be.

"Low profile" i think is very hard to get to look 'right' on a muscle car. I run larger wheels, but the tire sidewall is still there..

What do you consider low profile/rim size??

not my cars......but good pics

0602phr_02_z+1967_plymouth_barracuda_fastback+.jpg

IMG_4952.jpg

"Low profile" i think is very hard to get to look 'right' on a muscle car. I run larger wheels, but the tire sidewall is still there..

I agree ,those dusters dont look right without some sidewall to fill out the rear wheelhousings IMO

Heres a duster I copied out of a mopar mag, I think he nailed the look for a muscle car with 17's

duster.jpg

That fastback looks killer. That Winchester gun metal gray?

I will look and see if I can get the color.

It will look different in person probably....best bet on color is to see "spray-outs"

Sorry no pics but I have a 74 duster with 215/60/15 with 15x8 rims all around and it looks funny in the rear because their is too much wheel well showing so in fact just today I went to the local tire dealer and I am going to 255/60/15 with 15x8 rim in rear and 215/65/15 with 15x7 rim up front. BFGoodrich T/A tires and Crager rims. I like the idea of the tire absorbing some of that pot hole and helping the shock instead of beating the suspension. Good luck on your choice !

were can i get more info on that orange duster or the other cars also... I want to know the size of those wheels and tires

Green Demon has 245/40/18 and 335/30/18's...mini tubbed rear. That car has the AlterK and custom width Dana, so the BS would be different for a factory car. I will get the other cars info after work tonight

and the orange one? and the mods.. to get those wheels to fit

A couple others...Orange Duster has 225/45/17 and 275/40/18's .....Two tone gray duster has 225/40/18 and 295/35/19's. I think the 295's will fit with trimming of the lip only, but am not sure since my car is minitubbed.

The gray barracuda above has 245/45/17 and 275/40/17's.

dust2.jpg

auto-show-photos (2).jpg

Man, I would like to see more photos of the fastback Barracuda with the 17s. It looks great from that angle.

whats the specs on the 416 duster? I want to get wheels like that

-
Back