Low Rider Mopars

-
Cliff,You know Josh from Texas Car Wars live close to my shop and he did that cheech and chong low rider with dingly berrys and everything....
Martin

PS Tequila is called tokillya...

Cliff,You know Josh from Texas Car Wars live close to my shop and he did that cheech and chong low rider with dingly berrys and everything....
Martin

PS Tequila is called tokillya...

I remember that episode..

Bags are easier to do on a sub frame car correct?

It's not really a subframe vs. full frame car thing. It's more of a entirely different system vs. another. Bags are more of an air spring and hydraulics are an adjustable stick. Think self inflating basketball vs. a bottle jack.

It's not really a subframe vs. full frame car thing. It's more of a entirely different system vs. another. Bags are more of an air spring and hydraulics are an adjustable stick. Think self inflating basketball vs. a bottle jack.

Which is the best to do? I don't want to build a hopper as Chuck calls it but would like to have it to lift on each corner when I want.

Lot of difference between a low rider and a slab. The ones that you are liking are slabs.Basically stockfull size cars lowered or bagged. Lowriders have hydraulics and crazy paint.

You can do that on air bags and still retain ride quality. The import tuners do that a lot. Having four corner control just multiplies the number of switches and valves. How fast it reacts is all a matter of line size, types of valves, compressor and tank capacity.

You can do that on air bags and still retain ride quality. The import tuners do that a lot. Having four corner control just multiplies the number of switches and valves. How fast it reacts is all a matter of line size, types of valves, compressor and tank capacity.

Rev which do you think is best?

Hydros are cool and traditional, but the ride can be harsh and it's tough on the suspension. You can do most of the suspension movement with bags and still retain a certain level of ride quality. I tend to think it's an upgrade in technology. Kind of like modern Pro-Stock cars are an advancement over the gassers of the sixties. Same job done just in a better way.

Hydros are cool and traditional, but the ride can be harsh and it's tough on the suspension. You can do most of the suspension movement with bags and still retain a certain level of ride quality. I tend to think it's an upgrade in technology. Kind of like modern Pro-Stock cars are an advancement over the gassers of the sixties. Same job done just in a better way.

So it's like everything else just personal preference

Pretty much. IMHO air bags will give you what your looking for and you'll be able to drive anywhere without knocking your teeth or kidneys out.

Won't be driving a lot the suspension has to be chromed out

Won't be driving a lot the suspension has to be chromed out

Well then, go full old school and get the hydraulics. I'm afraid I can't be of much help in that field, though. It's been thirty years since I've worked on one of them and my only recent experience is with forklifts. lol

Well then, go full old school and get the hydraulics. I'm afraid I can't be of much help in that field, though. It's been thirty years since I've worked on one of them and my only recent experience is with forklifts. lol

Then there is a lot of strengthening and bracing to handle that. It will be a bit of a challenge

-
Back