-
Status
Not open for further replies.

1966DDart

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I'm looking for a lower alternator bracket like the one in the picture below for a 1966 A-body car. I have the upper bracket but, for some reason the lower bracket I have is too short. Please shoot me a message if you have one! Thanks!

alternator bracket.jpg

Yours looks correct....could you just maybe need a shorter belt....?

View attachment 1715059688

Actually 65Val, that's not my bracket...but, a picture of what I am looking for. Right now, I'm just mocking everything up on a homemade test stand. As you can see, the bracket i have now is too short. Yes, I believe i can make it work with a 7465 belt, instead of a 7490 belt...but, it still doesn't give me much room for adjustment. Also, in the picture below, the alternator is resting on the fuel pump. I figure that I'm better off spending a few dollars on the correct bracket and use the new correct belt I already have vs. spending money on a new belt. Thanks for the thought though. I might just get the shorter belt so if I can't get the bracket. I have GOT to get this engine fired up this summer! Lol
0622172018b.jpg

Actually 65Val, that's not my bracket...but, a picture of what I am looking for. Right now, I'm just mocking everything up on a homemade test stand. As you can see, the bracket i have now is too short. Yes, I believe i can make it work with a 7465 belt, instead of a 7490 belt...but, it still doesn't give me much room for adjustment. Also, in the picture below, the alternator is resting on the fuel pump. I figure that I'm better off spending a few dollars on the correct bracket and use the new correct belt I already have vs. spending money on a new belt. Thanks for the thought though. I might just get the shorter belt so if I can't get the bracket. I have GOT to get this engine fired up this summer! Lol
View attachment 1715059759

I see what you mean now...I thought the pic in your 1st post was your setup. Yes, the one you have is the later model setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back