Lower control arm bushing

-

Slappy

Reaction score
What is the easiest way to remove the lower control arm bushing. I got new bushings but cant figure out how to get them out. I thought of burning them out not sure though. Any help appreciated.

What is the easiest way to remove the lower control arm bushing. I got new bushings but cant figure out how to get them out. I thought of burning them out not sure though. Any help appreciated.

When I did mine, I pounded out the rubber then carefully cut down the side of the inner metal sleave. Forced the sleave in half then pryed it out.

Here is a link to a different approach if you have access to a welder.
http://www.moparmusclemagazine.com/tipstricks/155_0306_control_arms/photo_01.html

Have fun!

Yeah, I just drill through the rubber and get the center out then just chisel out the outer part.

you didn't say whether your new bushings are rubber or poly. if you're using poly the existing outer shell stays in.

you didn't say whether your new bushings are rubber or poly. if you're using poly the existing outer shell stays in.

Those polys were nice, but I think they discontinued them, right? On my last two, I just burned the rubber out, then chizzeled the inner metal piece out. It is a war, a war I don't want to do again, ever.

I use a large tap, I press out the pivot pin-- dig out the remaining rubber , place a washer above the tap & screw it in-- press it out & done. works great (1962 FSm gave the tap size), Lawrence

-
Back