Lower control arm pivot shaft woes

-
Those look like they are located in the right spot, BUT whoever installed them it sure as heck doesnt look right. No grease...It sucks, but I would put new ones in.

I'm just going to start over again and have a new set of bushings installed at a different machine shop. Thanks for all the replies and advice. Bob

With a poly bushing, you can tighten the pin to the K without the LCA being installed. Once the pin is tight, you can slide the LCA onto the pin.

I realize I'm resurrecting a very old thread, but I can't find the answer anywhere... I've got the PST pin installed in the k-frame... I've got the poly bushing in the LCA.... I pushed it on as far as I can by hand, and then am using an irwin adjustable length clamp to try to push the LCA the rest of the way onto the pivot shaft, but have pushed it as hard as I can with the clamp and still have probably another 1/2-3/4" to go.... Is there a trick or tool I'm missing to be able to get this seated?

I realize I'm resurrecting a very old thread, but I can't find the answer anywhere... I've got the PST pin installed in the k-frame... I've got the poly bushing in the LCA.... I pushed it on as far as I can by hand, and then am using an irwin adjustable length clamp to try to push the LCA the rest of the way onto the pivot shaft, but have pushed it as hard as I can with the clamp and still have probably another 1/2-3/4" to go.... Is there a trick or tool I'm missing to be able to get this seated?

Picture(s)?

Picture(s)?

20221011_175945.jpg

This is the driver side. When I was using the clamp I basically had one side on the back of the LCA where the torsion bar inserts and the other end on the thread end of the pivot shaft. Squeezed as hard as I could and this is all the farther I could get it.

I've not used that technique. Pressed my new bushings in with a 12T shop press then assembled onto the car. Hope someone has a solution for you.

I've not used that technique. Pressed my new bushings in with a 12T shop press then assembled onto the car. Hope someone has a solution for you.
Thanks. Your way is actually how I did it first, but the shaft kept rotating in the bushing while trying to tighten it down. Went searching for answers, found this thread, and successfully got the shaft in, but now obviously ran into a different issue to overcome.

Disregard. I finally got it after an excessive amount of sweat, profanity, and smashed fingers.

-
Back