Lower control arm question

-

cuda guy

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Seems I'm having an issue installing my lower control arms and strut bars in my Demon.
I totally stripped the car down. I started reassembling the front end, when I install the lower control arms and the strut arms I can't seem seem to get the pivot arm bushing to pull all the way up to the k member. It almost seems like the strut arms are to long. I am using a set of energy suspension poly bushing.

My question is should the control arms snug up tight to the k member or should there be some space. I can only get mine as close as 1/2" from the k member.

Please some help me. It seems tome that the poly bushings are far to thick to allow everything to snug up tightly.

There should be a gap inbetween them.I just finished doing mine also.I,ll see if I have a pic.

Sorry the pic doesn,t show the gap.

Attachments

• 66 Dart project Nov2010 068.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 227
I had to trim my poly strut rod bushings, they were taller than the stock rubbers. I just cut mine with a bandsaw (stinks!!!) but now everything is good to go.

.........YES, they need to snug up against the K member........but u tighten them when all the weight is on the ground and ur ride height is set...........kim...........

-
Back