Lower control arm shaft & bushings

-

djwhog

Reaction score
Ok I found a guy that had a set of NOS lower control arm shafts with the bushing complete for a 64-65 A-body . These are in the lower arm assembly.

My question is this. I have everything completely out of the car, torsion bars, strut rods etc. And the lower arm is out of the car. What is the best way to get the old spindle shaft out of the lower arm. Should I just press them out or is there a trick to it?

2nd do any of you guys ever replace these bushing or is the best way with a new spindle. it appears the bushing is made onto this spindle and not replaceable?

Here is a picture of the parts.

Thanks!

spindles.jpg

If the rubber is still good on the new ones. I would press the old ones out. (you will have to work at getting the old outer shell out) And press the new ones in. Dave

jaws said:
If the rubber is still good on the new ones. I would press the old ones out. (you will have to work at getting the old outer shell out) And press the new ones in. Dave

OK yes the rubber on the NOS parts looks and feels very good. Maybe they are only dated back into the early 80s and were in good storage.

So if I use a press I should be able to push them out throught the tosion bar side correct?

Thanks!

-
Back