Not open for further replies.

j-miller

Demonized by Dodge
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Contact seller
I am looking for the lower left door hinge for my '71 demon. I have the hinge but missing that "S" looking clip that rolls on along that notched out little wheel(See attached picture).
It looks like both right and left side lower hinges are the same just one is mounted upside down. So if anybody has a lower hinge or that "S" looking hook or clip,not sure what its called give me a shout.

If interested in a used one, I can check to see if I have a good one.

If you have or get one that's upside-down, I suggest taking the pin and reinstalling it from the top. It's pressed in with serrated edges but can fall out the bottom if the hinge wears a lot over time. I did that recently when I found a good passenger side hinge that needed to go on the driver's side. Just a few taps of a hammer in either direction will remove and reinstall it.

I'm parting a four door. The pic and my hinge look the same but I can't be absolutely sure. Can anyone say for sure if a four door hinge is the same or different.

Thanks Ryan,got the door hinge today,and thanks everybody also for the help and offers.

John

See JMiller got hooked up but does anybody have any addtl info on hinges?
I am in need of a Driver side lower on my 69 Dart vert but looked up part # and got conflicting info. Looked up in 3 different sources and got different #'s or I just dont know what Im lookin at??? Any help would be appreciated. I know repops are avail but can my old ones be fixed/rebuilt?

Mitchells: 2172 UPPER 2170 LOWER
Hollanders: 256 UPPER 257 LOWER

Chrysler Parts Interchg: 2583797 UPPER DRIVER 2583579 LOWER DRIVER SIDE
2583796 UPPER PASS 2583578 LOWER PASSENGER SIDE

Lowers are all the same from what I have seen 67-76. Just the pin is driven in from the top. You can rebuild them if the pins are loose. Local parts store like Napa will have a hinge pin rebild kit. Not to sure about the S clip and rollers though. They could be replaced but I have never seen a kit for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back