lowering blocks for '68 barracuda

-

68SRVIVR

Rick/'68 Barracuda 340-S
Reaction score
Hi to all-
Want to lower the rear of my '68 Barracuda 340 -s, 1.5".
Where can I get aluminum or steel lowering blocks to fit?

Thanks, Rick

No.
My brother thought it would change angle of driveshaft.
Thought "blocks" was better idea.

Flipping the front hanger will change the angle but then again so will putting in blocks. If you change the ride height the angle changes.

Chuck

Sorry...I meant the "pinion gear" angle.
Angle will change, but less than with flipping hangers.
Just curious...how much will flipping hangers lower car (Barracuda)?
I need to lower at least 1.5"

Thanks for all the help!

How much does flipping the hanger lower it?What is involved?Just literally flip it over? (sorry if this is a dumb question)Andy

How much does flipping the hanger lower it?What is involved?Just literally flip it over? (sorry if this is a dumb question)Andy

On a 71 Demon it dropped just about 1 1/4. It should put it very close to where you want it. The pinion angle change was almost not measurable. I put the mag angle finder on the drive shaft, and put it on the pinion as well before and after. The drive shaft had no change and the pinion maybe had 1 - 2 degrees. I checked the angle with the car on the ground, you now to jack up the car, flip the hanger and lower the car and try to recheck the angle with the car on the ground. Dam it was more work checking the angle than flipping the hanger. I would also replace the front bushing at the same time. Mine were new so I didn't bother.
All you do is flip the front hanger, and oval out the holes buy an 1/8 of an inch. Once you get it off it will be obvious where you have to oval them. 4 nuts hold on each front hanger. Soiak them good with some kind of nut buster or equivilant.

I flipped the front hangers on the Duster. It changed nothing.
Just lowered the back end. Pinion will stat the same. It's
alot better than adding foot long shackles. That will really
change the angle. Just do it that way. Cheaper and safer then
the blocks when it all comes loose. Yes I've seen it on an S10.
The rear was flopping all over.

-
Back