Lucas Upper Cylinder Lubricant compatible with Sta-bil Marine Blue Ethanol treatment?

-

318MoparGuy

MoparHokie
Reaction score
Good Morning,
With Mother Nature saying an early-ish cold and frosty and in some places a snowy hello to us all, I wanted to throw this question out for everyone's thoughts. I have always used Lucas Upper Cylinder Lubricant only in both cars year round and red Sta-bil year round for the power equipment. I just recently started using Lucas Safeguard Ethanol treatment due to all the ethanol in the gas everywhere, but I only see it in the 16oz. size which treats 80 gals. I certainly want to continue to use the Lucas stuff in the cars, but wondered if I could move up the Sta-bil Marine Blue Ethanol fuel treatment (as it comes in a 32oz. and Gal. size) and use that in the cars along with the Lucas, as it seems to me that they are formulated to do different things for engines large and small. Please correct me if I am wrong in that regard. I want to give all the protection I can to both cars..particularly my 1973 Dart Swinger with new eddy carb and new (now 2 yr. old ) gas tank. After reading specs. on Stabil Blue it says that it has more than 4 times the fuel system cleaner than in regular STA-BIL and twice the corrosion preventer than in regular STA-BIL. My question centers on this...I am wondering if all the "extra" cleaning properties of the Marine Blue is going to be too harsh for the 73 fuel system and carb and cause more problems than it's worth and also is it compatible with the Lucas? I called Gold Eagle and Lucas and of course got nowhere with them. If anyone has already been using them together or some variation with no problems, please chime in. Thanks in advance for sharing your thoughts on this and an early Happy Turkey Day to all...GOBBLE TIL YOU WOBBLE!!!
Take Care,
Greg

-
Back