Lucky Me!

-

TrailBeast

AKA Mopars4us on Youtube
Reaction score
And I am not bleeding anywhere.
I always say that working in the dash of a Mopar is like shoving your hands in a box full of kitchen knives.

IMG_5293.jpeg

Yeah it can be just like that. lol

Imagine the guys assembling the cars on the line? No fancy robots or pre staging.
Just hustle hustle hustle- “bleed later Magots.”

I always say that working in the dash of a Mopar is like shoving your hands in a box full of kitchen knives.

Yes sir, I just got done swapping the stereo out in the Coronet. I figure I was lucky to only stab/cut myself a dozen times or so.

Changing a rear window regulator will definitely get the blood flowing and in the literal sense. If CSI ever ran DNA trace I would be suspect Number 1.

You must have some big hands.

I can see why you say kitchen knives because Chrysler did leave a few sharp edges and burrs, but I feel like they left us plenty of room to move around. I'm guessing large hands might not help.

20240113_154052.jpg

20240121_163408.jpg

^^^There are many times I'm not too proud to ask my wife to come and help. Her smaller hands are an advantage reaching up under the dash or retrieving that fallen 7/16 socket laying in sight but out of my big hand's reach!

^^^There are many times I'm not too proud to ask my wife to come and help. Her smaller hands are an advantage reaching up under the dash or retrieving that fallen 7/16 socket laying in sight but out of my big hand's reach!
One time I was working on a newer with a friend and he is pretty much built like shreck and he could snap my arm like a twig....but he could NOT get the oil filter off because he couldn't get his hands around it because the clearance between the oil filter and transmission. (Front wheel drive car)

So I had to gloat because I got in there and got both hands on that filter and got it out LOL

most of the original is behind the ABS plastic and stereo in the glove box and it is a nightmare lol feel ur pain sir...
dart dash.jpg

You must have some big hands.

I can see why you say kitchen knives because Chrysler did leave a few sharp edges and burrs, but I feel like they left us plenty of room to move around. I'm guessing large hands might not help.

View attachment 1716220617

View attachment 1716220618

Yes I do I guess.
It really stinks that my car is this far apart, but it will be back and with AC.

The wifey will last longer than I will I am sure, and she won’t drive it without it.
I told her it would suck if my car ended up in the hands of some dumb **s just because it doesn’t have it.

Got the old box out and the new one in today, as well as finishing up the panel I made for the controls knobs.
Moto tools are priceless. :D

IMG_5304.jpeg

-
Back