Luggage Rack/Rear Air

-

65 Dartman

1 of None 65 Dart Sedan Delivery
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
By the figures I have, originally about 3800 wagons were originally equipped with a luggage rack and almost 1400 were equipped with the rear air deflectors. For you wagon owners, would you install either/or/both on your wagon? Anyone have an idea of what good used racks or deflectors are going for these days?

I would definitely install that deflector. It will keep the rear glass a lot cleaner.

I know for a fact the deflectors keep the rear window cleaner. My wagon sports both, although I had to add them myself.

So, anyone have an idea of what a factory roof rack and/or rear air deflector might go for these days?

I am currently building a wagon and mine was a factory roof rack delete car and I found one from a donor car but I cant bring myself to drilling into a near perfect roof so I am leaving it off.

As far as deflectors, mine is a B-body so I don't think there ever a such a thing but even if there were, and on an A-body I would think the clean and sleek look would be preferred by most.

Attachments

• CIMG0931.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 111
My wagon has both and I'd say a nice pair of deflectors would be in the $150 range and roof rack in the $150-$250 range for a nice one

-
Back