Lynyard Skynyard Plane Crash Memorial

-

66fyssh

Don't Stop Believin'
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
My wife and I are celebrating our 25 wedding anniversary in Biloxi and made a 5 hour round trip to visit the Lynyard Skynyard Memorial near McComb, Mississippi. It was worth it.

20230720_134220.jpg

20230720_134225.jpg

20230720_134230.jpg

20230720_134804.jpg

20230720_134829.jpg

20230720_134848.jpg

20230720_134742.jpg

Lynyrd Skynyrd just performed in Prior Lake Minnesota last weekend.

Neighbor got to go and witness it. Ronnie Van Zant's brother is the lead singer now.

Skynard.jpg

Would have been fun to see.

☆☆☆☆☆

My all time favorite band. I've seen them several times, unfortunately not the original lineup.
The memorial is beautiful, thanks for posting! :thumbsup:

I saw Lynyrd Skynyrd at a USO concert.
Carlene Carter, America and .38 Special were on the line up.
Johnny Van Zant was so drunk out of his mind that Donnie Van Zant had to come on stage and finish after he did his set for .38 Special.
Glad it was a free concert, I'd have been pissed if I'd paid.

Was first introduced to Lynyrd Skynyrd when I went to see the Dobbie Brothers on November 15 1976 . They were the opening act and I was hooked from that date on as they remain my favorite band to this day. Remember the singer being barefooted on stage. Didn't know his name or the name of the band at that moment.

Was first introduced to Lynyrd Skynyrd when I went to see the Dobbie Brothers on November 15 1976 . They were the opening act and I was hooked from that date on as they remain my favorite band to this day. Remember the singer being barefooted on stage. Didn't know his name or the name of the band at that moment.
I saw them in Binghamton NY within a few days of then. Skynyrd was the headliner. I'm not sure of the date, but it was a Saturday in late November of '76. I was a teenager working on a Christmas tree farm. We got paid, jumped into this older guy's Road Runner, and hauled *** the 35 miles to the show. There were still a few tickets left. We were in our filthy work clothes, covered in pine sap. We knew all about Skynyrd. They were on the local rock station all the time. Funny, I just saw the Doobie Brothers last Friday.

I saw the original Skinny Leonard at Greenville SC memorial auditorium on new Years eve right after the Second Helping album was released. Awesome concert.
I'm just glad that Jim Belushi didn't try to replace John Belushi. My opinion is, brothers or not, they are not the same.
Lynard Skynard 2.0 is really only a tribute band. Just my personal opinion.

May 29, 1976 Lynyrd Skynyrd - ZZ Top Groves Stadium, Winston-Salem, North Carolina. The only rock concert I ever attended. It was an outdoor stadium and it rained. I mostly remember place was packed with stinky wet people and pot smoke. That was enough of that for me. Never even considered going to another concert until my wife and her friends wanted to see Alan Jackson in Charlotte, NC with Faith Hill maybe in 1995.

May 29, 1976 Lynyrd Skynyrd - ZZ Top Groves Stadium, Winston-Salem, North Carolina. The only rock concert I ever attended. It was an outdoor stadium and it rained. I mostly remember place was packed with stinky wet people and pot smoke. That was enough of that for me. Never even considered going to another concert until my wife and her friends wanted to see Alan Jackson in Charlotte, NC with Faith Hill maybe in 1995.
I entered a Christmas light contest at ROCK 101 radio station one year and won Grand prize, season passes with premium seating at Charlottes Ampitheater. We made it to 4 shows (Charlotte is a pretty good drive from here so renting a room for the night was pretty much mandatory), The Who, Aerosmith, and 2 others that I don't recall because they were country artists. Wife took a friend girl with her to those 2 shows.
I'll add this although I'm bragging a bit. My brother who lives in the city of Anderson called me to say there was a new ROCK101 billboard up in middle of town that looked almost identical to what I had created on our front lawn to enter in that contest. I had to ride over to see it and sure enough there it was. They had only deleted my message part, "Hey Santa, while in the upstate dial to". The backlighted head unit face looked the same, 101.1 in digital display just like my creation.

-
Back