M Code 440

-

408 swinger

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I did a quick search and didn't find my answers. First off, what would be the intake manifold bolts? Just like a typical 440 of same vintage, but, did they all have the "TR" marking? Second, the valve cover bolts. I know in some years they used a short stud with a nut in the lower corners. Maybe that was early 60's? Were they all the normal bolts for 69? Getting down to the finer points on this engine and want it correct as possible. Thanks for any and all help!!

My 69 440 coronet has studs and nuts in the outer corners of valve covers.
Yes standard intake bolts just like every other 1969 440. Same 2806178 intake.

Appreciate the replies. I finally found a pic of a restored M code engine and i can see the lower valve cover corners using the stud/nut combo. I know that the big blocks in general used the same hardware. I was wondering about the markings in particular. This vehicle isn't going to be an OEM Gold type of build. Just trying to get my part (building/detailing engine) as correct as possible.

Last edited:
I did a quick search and didn't find my answers. First off, what would be the intake manifold bolts? Just like a typical 440 of same vintage, but, did they all have the "TR" marking? Second, the valve cover bolts. I know in some years they used a short stud with a nut in the lower corners. Maybe that was early 60's? Were they all the normal bolts for 69? Getting down to the finer points on this engine and want it correct as possible. Thanks for any and all help!!
Here is a couple Shots of my Car

IMG_1032.JPG

IMG_1041.JPG

IMG_1042.JPG

IMG_1043.JPG

IMG_1045.JPG

IMG_1038.JPG

-
Back