M Code '69 Dart GTS

-

Muscle Mopars

Only Mopar
Reaction score
I'm getting the chance to buy an original M Code '69 Dart GTS 440 car. I'm having a hard time determining what these cars are worth today. Anybody on here have some recent experience or know or have an opinion about what the M Codes are going for in todays market in any condition?
Thanks for any insight!

I'm getting the chance to buy an original M Code '69 Dart GTS 440 car. I'm having a hard time determining what these cars are worth today. Anybody on here have some recent experience or know or have an opinion about what the M Codes are going for in todays market in any condition?
Thanks for any insight!

Recent MECUM auction last Summer a Mcode went for 55k

Thanks for any insight!
So many variables...all the hard-to-find parts there?, condition?, numbers?, etc....hard to put a value without pics and a GOOD description.

So many variables...all the hard-to-find parts there?, condition?, numbers?, etc....hard to put a value without pics and a GOOD description.

Not looking for the value of the one I'm getting. Just looking for general values of M Code Darts in different conditions.

Well, very rare, very cool...but any project cost $$$ these days...Not sure if the car is worth what it takes to restore? But building it for your enjoyment can be priceless. Many are not restoring the cars as the cost is far more than value in the end for many. Still oooooo I wanna

Well, very rare, very cool...but any project cost $$$ these days...Not sure if the car is worth what it takes to restore? But building it for your enjoyment can be priceless. Many are not restoring the cars as the cost is far more than value in the end for many. Still oooooo I wanna

Sooooo... what's the value in the end? By the way, the one I'm looking at does not need to be restored. It's a nice partially unrestored/restored original sheet metal car with tons of documentation and history.

If you have th chance to buy one, that means there’s a seller considering selling one. Unless the seller said “yeah, it’s for sale but toss me a price first” what starting price did the seller give you when you asked “what do you want for it?”

Clearly there is a dance going on but with no pictures, the price could be from $10k to $100k. Throw us a bone and tell us what the sellers asking price is.

More importantly, what are you willing to pay for it? We could suggest it might be worth $60k but if you don’t have $60k then what’s the point asking us?

The biggest issue in asking us for a price range is that you haven’t provided any pictures so we’re shooting in the dark more than you are since you’ve actually seen the car.

If you have th chance to buy one, that means there’s a seller considering selling one. Unless the seller said “yeah, it’s for sale but toss me a price first” what starting price did the seller give you when you asked “what do you want for it?”

Clearly there is a dance going on but with no pictures, the price could be from $10k to $100k. Throw us a bone and tell us what the sellers asking price is.

More importantly, what are you willing to pay for it? We could suggest it might be worth $60k but if you don’t have $60k then what’s the point asking us?

The biggest issue in asking us for a price range is that you haven’t provided any pictures so we’re shooting in the dark more than you are since you’ve actually seen the car.

What I'm looking for is a price range for a '69 GTS 440 car. Like when you go to Hagerty.com and look at their Value Guide. They don't have a value guide for an M Code Dart so I thought I would ask the question at the "For A Bodies Only" forum to see if there might be some one or a few people that might be able to do this. Not asking anyone to shoot in the dark and it doesn't matter what I can afford.

What I'm looking for is a price range for a '69 GTS 440 car. Like when you go to Hagerty.com and look at their Value Guide. They don't have a value guide for an M Code Dart so I thought I would ask the question at the "For A Bodies Only" forum to see if there might be some one or a few people that might be able to do this. Not asking anyone to shoot in the dark and it doesn't matter what I can afford.
The last nice one I saw for sale was 60k. It was show car condition. Dont know if it was matching numbers or had paper work. I would expect to pay 60-85 k for a nice one with paper work. Only so many of these so the owners can ask what they want and somebody will pay it.

The last nice one I saw for sale was 60k. It was show car condition. Dont know if it was matching numbers or had paper work. I would expect to pay 60-85 k for a nice one with paper work. Only so many of these cars so the owners can ask what they want and somebody will pay it. For example my 68 383 4 speed car.I had paper work and fender tag.It has racing history and I had vintage photos.It was a 36,000 mile cat. I sold it as a roller with matching trans and NO engine. I had a few FABO know it alls tell me it was only worth 5-7 k. I sold it for 14k... My asking price. I knew what the car would bring and it did.

Last edited:
Current prices would range in the $20k range for a car that's complete but needs to be restored, and on average $70k for a restored example! An original, unrestored example could bring another $10k!!

I know of an original, unrestored example that is complete, and has been garaged in this condition for over 30 years! Just visited the owner a couple months ago, he just laughs off any question of selling!!

Old Cars price guide showed the 440 value as roughly 125% what the 340GTS is worth, & 176% what a 340 Swinger should go for in like conditions. But every car and
buyer/seller situation is different so...............Good Luck!!!!

I heard that a guy in my area picked one up in Northern NY a couple of months ago for $25K. I have been told that the car was very nice and correct. Sounds like he landed a super deal if all is true.
I also heard that his plans are to flip it. For a nice profit, I'm sure...

As others have also indicated, the price range appears to be from $5k to a $100k. I think you’ve now got as much detail as you can get without providing pictures. We’ve shared some info with you and now without you sharing more info (pictures and/or the sellers initial asking price) this thread smells a lot like a Facebook/Twitter post of you broadcasting of where a rare car might just to let us know that you know. And that’s ok to do but some folks here can see the ‘look at me intent’ when there’s only a one way information path.

As others have also indicated, the price range appears to be from $5k to a $100k. I think you’ve now got as much detail as you can get without providing pictures. We’ve shared some info with you and now without you sharing more info (pictures and/or the sellers initial asking price) this thread smells a lot like a Facebook/Twitter post of you broadcasting of where a rare car might just to let us know that you know. And that’s ok to do but some folks here can see the ‘look at me intent’ when there’s only a one way information path.

OK, relax... ;) The one I'm going to buy is a nice partially restored, partially unrestored car. It was advertised here on FABO a couple years ago for mid $50's just in case some of you remember it. In fact you can find that old ad by Googling it. There is a big description of it there. Cool thing is the original owner is a local friend of mine and a long time drag racer, still racing and winning at age 72! There is a ton of documenting paperwork, race history, old photos and now it is coming back to town where it sold new. It is B5 Blue, Black interior and has had some improvements over the last two years and is nicer and more finished than it was when it was for sale a couple years ago. There is also a two part YouTube video of it but again, improvements have been made since that video. Here is a teaser photo of it now and to be honest, I already bought it and it's on the transport now as I speak and should be here in a couple days. More photos will be taken when it arrives safely here!!! Thanks for your input guys.
M code Dart.jpg

Last edited:
So you just wanted to know if you got SCREWED?

No... I was comfortable paying what I did for it but really couldn't find and good M Code value info online and wanted to pick the brains of the A Body guys for their experienced opinions. I had my own idea of what it might be worth and from what I've heard so far I'm in general agreement with who's responded so far.

was this the car out of Colorado? if so it is a nice car,

-
Back