M Code '69 Dart GTS

-
Yes, but its way more attractive to prospective buyers with them than without.
No disrespect, but it wasn't to me. And it wasn't important to every owner of this car, which is about 5 or 6 registered and non registered owners including the original owner who was the one that threw them away. This car has some great race history and loads of documents, trophies, plaques, newspaper clippings, magazine articles, pictures from back in the day and it's more or less an unrestored car and it's probably going to stay that way. So I don't think in this case, having them will be important.

Super nice car
To me missing the factory manifolds on an M code a body is worth 5000.00 less, so hard to find. The time and effort needed to find them.

Particulars that add and subtract to value of such car is your documented history, mag article, owners, numbers matching drivetrain no doubt: and things that decrease vale are the parts unique to this unique car. The car is for you to enjoy and not having the exh manifoflds does not bother you, then great.
There are two types of these cars, the real ones like yours, a wonderful carto own... and the clone or tribute car someone made, which is all some want or can afford.. I have owned a couple of H codes 67 cudas, passed up a #'s 69 M cuda back bout 98 or so because it was missing its hood scoops ( stolen), rust free survivor one owner, fresh engine on stand, for $10,000. I figured I had just soon build a clone for my pleasure if I had to have one. I know, that m car would have been a good investment! back then.

OK, relax... ;) The one I'm going to buy is a nice partially restored, partially unrestored car. It was advertised here on FABO a couple years ago for mid $50's just in case some of you remember it. In fact you can find that old ad by Googling it. There is a big description of it there. Cool thing is the original owner is a local friend of mine and a long time drag racer, still racing and winning at age 72! There is a ton of documenting paperwork, race history, old photos and now it is coming back to town where it sold new. It is B5 Blue, Black interior and has had some improvements over the last two years and is nicer and more finished than it was when it was for sale a couple years ago. There is also a two part YouTube video of it but again, improvements have been made since that video. Here is a teaser photo of it now and to be honest, I already bought it and it's on the transport now as I speak and should be here in a couple days. More photos will be taken when it arrives safely here!!! Thanks for your input guys.
View attachment 1715109695

Thats the B5 blue car that was a advertised on Moparts a FABO about a year ago? Had spokes in tbe front?

Not a bad deal in that all the hard to find parts, k member, driver side motor mount were there. Wasnt sure about the inner fenders. Usually cut for fenderwell headers. Manifolds if needed are hard to find. The spacers for the manifolds are available through Accurate.

It was missing the heater box ad some of the other stuff removed for a racecar. The guy was asking 60k if memory serves me correctly.

What's a set of these manifolds worth?

To get a real idea of what A body manifolds are worth theres a set of 67 coded manifolds on Ebay for over $1300.

The white book lists the A body 440 manifold with a separtate part number. Im not convinced its any different from the other bigblock manifolds. The only differance other than the numbers is that the M code darts manifold had a spacer between the manifold and headpipe. The M codes used the standard bigblock exhaust system. The spacers had to be used to make up for the taller block.

The only person I know that may have that manifold is Jim Rhinehart (rhinodart). Been meaning to ask him about this subject. uh

To get a real idea of what A body manifolds are worth theres a set of 67 coded manifolds on Ebay for over $1300.

The white book lists the A body 440 manifold with a separtate part number. Im not convinced its any different from the other bigblock manifolds. The only differance other than the numbers is that the M code darts manifold had a spacer between the manifold and headpipe. The M codes used the standard bigblock exhaust system. The spacers had to be used to make up for the taller block.

The only person I know that may have that manifold is Jim Rhinehart (rhinodart). Been meaning to ask him about this subject. uh
No... They are completely different. I have pics on my home computer I'll upload later today.

Cool. I'd like to see
Here are 2 pics....

440Abody-Dr.ExMan-1-sml.jpg

440A-body-Ps.ExMan-1sml.jpg

Sorry about the socks......

Last edited:
I agree with 65 Val..the 440 manifold are different that the 383's (driver side) The area (curve) around the steering coupler is about 3/4 inch longer. the passenger side only used the spacer 3/4" so production 383 head pipes work. This is my understanding. I have 4 sets of 383 A body Manifolds..67 drivers is unique, 68+69 are the same (except casting dates of course) all 383 A's passenger side manifolds are the same.

That is why I put "restored" in quotes, someone obviously painted the grille who did not know how it was supposed to be painted, or the grille was replaced as the headlight bezels also are painted incorrectly.

That is why I put "restored" in quotes, someone obviously painted the grille who did not know how it was supposed to be painted, or the grille was replaced as the headlight bezels also are painted incorrectly.
If I were to restore the car there would be all kinds of things to do. It's an unrestored car with a ton of history and painting a grill black was what everybody did back then.

So all this many pages and no word that it's a non numbers engine until the EBay ad. hmmmmmm

-
Back