M1 or strip dominator

-

Daniel Dugas

Reaction score
Okay so I have a race car 72 Demon I’m putting together. I’m hoping it’ll go like 7.20-40ish and I’m having trouble figuring out what intake to use so I’ve narrowed it down to a strip dominator or an M1 so which would be better? -thanks

They're basically identical. Then comes availability. Not being produced anymore, but, can still be found. A Victor 340 is a good one too.

Is this a BB? The M1 is tall might cause hood clearance issues. For what it's worth a ran a TorkerII and switched to an M1 and found no real difference in et. Never ran an SD, but if you can get one reasonably priced I'd get it. The SD is shorter than the M1.

It is a small block 360. It will be stock stroke, stock rods and crank with ARP hardware, mopar performance aluminum heads, comp .540 cam, hooker super comp 1 3/4 headers, trickflow chromoly pushrods, Hughes or Howard’s lifters, KB107 pistons, 1.6 rocker arms, 4:56 gears, 8.75 axles, 904 tranny.

The M1 or Strip Dominator would be my first choices too. If you can hold out for one, go for it. They are good. The Victor 340 is still good and would work well with your combo.

Is this a BB? The M1 is tall might cause hood clearance issues. For what it's worth a ran a TorkerII and switched to an M1 and found no real difference in et. Never ran an SD, but if you can get one reasonably priced I'd get it. The SD is shorter than the M1.
LMAO - by how much?
It is a small block 360. It will be stock stroke, stock rods and crank with ARP hardware, mopar performance aluminum heads, comp .540 cam, hooker super comp 1 3/4 headers, trickflow chromoly pushrods, Hughes or Howard’s lifters, KB107 pistons, 1.6 rocker arms, 4:56 gears, 8.75 axles, 904 tranny.
Cam specs please. From what I’m reading so far, I’m about to recommend a home ported RPM.

99662D3F-C409-49B3-8BD8-86700E9CC7EF.png

That cam would be 245 to 246 ish @.050. Intakes in question should work. You didn't mention a convertor......

That’s what I myself call the boarder line duration @050 in the choice between a single and dual plane intake.
If the car is on the heavier side, I’d run the rpm.
Just me…/

Okay so I have a race car 72 Demon I’m putting together. I’m hoping it’ll go like 7.20-40ish and I’m having trouble figuring out what intake to use so I’ve narrowed it down to a strip dominator or an M1 so which would be better? -thanks

LMAO - by how much?

Cam specs please. From what I’m reading so far, I’m about to recommend a home ported RPM.
Since he's got a SB no need for me to go any further ,my experience is with a BB.

If you have a 5K+ converter, either will work OK.

If you have a lower flash converter, Air Gap

-
Back