M1 VS. Torker II

-

moparduster

Reaction score
Building a 360 for drag racing and trying to figure out what is a better intake between a M1 and a Torker II. Looking for a good single plane. What are yall's opinion?

if i had to buy one i would go with the victor jr. never had a m1 intake but they guys i know with a flow bench say there junk. are they i don't know. i have ran the torker II on a pump gas 360 in a 3400lbs plus duster it made real good mid range power i was pleased with it. others said it would have ran better with the rpm air gap. and don't leave out the holley strip dominator i run one on my 340 i think its a very good piece. just kinda depends on how your gonna make the power and how much.

The Holley Strip Dominator was, well, kind of copied my MoPar. You can't miss it in a side by side look. The MP unit is slightly taller.

The problem with the MP unit is it has a spreadbore design carb pad. The idea was for it to be accepting a TQ for super stock and other catogoreies that demand the stock carb be used. This is a problem for flow in square bore carbs.

The Victor is also a good choice, but not listed. I eflt it had more top end RPM power than the others listed. Though IIRC, the Holey was listed as a 7000 or 7500 RPM intake.

The Torker II is a decent intake if your "On the cheap" and/or have hood clearance issues.

-
Back