Ma-Ma,s new fish

-

funwithfuel

Reaction score
We picked this up the other day. My wife bought me a 72 Scamp for fathers day. So we had to get this for her. Super solid body and very complete. 65 Barracuda had a quicky paint job over the original blue to gold, however they didn't scuff the paint so the gold is peeling rite off the blue. We hope that the paint comes all the way off with a pressure washer. All the interior is in very good condition considering we're here in the midwest. They replaced the original carpet w/ some nasty harvest gold sculptured carpet from the 70's. Pulled out the front this morning to find rock solid floors ,they look great from underneath but seeing is believing.

Attachments

• IMAG0699.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 383
Here's a pic of the other side , I have to resize the floor pics . Yeah, that grill piece is something huh.

Attachments

• IMAG0685.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 346
As near as we can tell, yes that's a chopped up hubcap screwed to the broken grill by the previous owner. Get this, last plated in 85, titled in 74 to a Chicago address. The car has a 273 2 bblwith a floor shift auto . All the brakes are junk, lines and cylinders. The guy that had put the new brake shoes on had the springs everywhere but where they should be . It was really quite funny if it wasn't so serious. Thank God I assumed they were junk and the shoes were seized to the drums. This thing has power steering power brakes air conditioningand an 8 cyl automatic. This must have been what "loaded" was back in the day. Big dreams for this old girl. But my wife has made it clear that It's hers and not subject to performance add-ons. It must remain true to original. Oh yeah, after barring the engine over and checking fluids, all I had to do was fuel it up, prime the carb and throw the battery in it. She fired rite up and sounds as sweet as could be. Thanks for all the encouraging words.

Wow, she's a lucky girl to come up with something so nice.
Good luck and happy driving - to the pair of you!

Started ripping out the ugly sculpted yellow/gold carpet today. Whoever did this... what I'd do to them. Super weatherstrip adhesive everywhere on the carpet back. Still haven't found anything scary, but we did find the broadcast sheet. I got some smaller pics of the interior floor condition.

Attachments

• IMAG0702.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 245
  • IMAG0703.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 263
  • IMAG0705.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 237
You know , we play the lottery, never score . When my wife looks for cars, I don't know, it just happens. She always scores a low buck rock solid platform. If I can just get her to go to the store and pick our lottery tickets I think we'd be set. I'll get some pics posted of the engine compartment a little later. BTW does anybody know of a good seat cover supplier. We don't want to reupholster it as of yet because it's in such good shape. just wanna protect it.

Yeah, no. No jet engines . The "stuff" on the fenders is the blue paint pokin through the gold. Very poor prep work. Wait no, no prep work the underlying paint looks perfect so far.

No, the metal sight thingies on the top of the fenders.

Oh, those, those are turn signal indicators. Don't know if they're correct or not. They show as old as the car but haven't verified to be correct.

This ride is solid, the floors look perfect.

-
Back