66vert

Reaction score
OK guys just wondering what your opinions are ,mac
or pc.There is not a lot difference in price but I hear
mac's are less trouble.I am looking at a core 2 duo
4 gb mem 500 gb hard drive light use mainly internet
school projects for kids and wife's facebook and pictures
currently using millenium but concerned about the stories
of window's .Any advice would be greatly appreciated8)

Since I bought my mac when i graduated highschool I will NEVER go back to a pc. EVER!

Love my Mac laptop,hate the old PC which has Windows 7 recently installed.

Its really up to you, I would suggest going down to the store and trying out both a mac and a PC and see which one you like better! I personally love the PC for a few reasons:

1 - Is that they are much more modular and upgrading is generally much more feasible and usually at a much lower cost due to having more non-proprietary pats unlike the MAC.

2 - There is a little more variety in software for the PC, however recently I have been very impressed in the amount of software now available for the MAC. For your purposes that you listed this would not be an issue

Also I just wanted to point out that the new windows 7 is an excellent operating system! It is very rock solid and very good with resource management! There should be no worries of windows performing sub-par Also for your peace of mind windows millennium is BY FAR the worst operating system Microsoft has ever made! :)

also one other suggestion I would make is to upgrade the processor to a quad core, as it is not much more money and the performance gain would be large as well you would have a computer more capable of handling future programs.

Like I say find out what you like and go with that! after all it is your money and you are the one who is going to use it!

Hope this helped

Jeff

Mac definitely. On a mac laptop now and an OS X at home. The OS X is simply AMAZING! Quiet and takes up almost no space plus its fast!

I have been building and selling computers for 15 years and I would not buy or sell a mac, I have tried them and just don't like them to me it is like running a DOS system, and there are not enough good programs for them, if you want a good fast computer with the mac look get one with windows 7 on it. just my 2cents

If you go with an iMac you will never regret it. Safari (internet explorer alternative) is SMOKIN' fast. I have DSL and used to wait forever on my PC. With Safari, it's like having cable internet. Viruses? What viruses? I don't have to continually worry about my security software updates every time I log on. Personally, I will not buy a PC again.

I've had my macbook for 3 1/2 years, the only issue being... I wore out the $130 battery. Whenever I've had problems navigating the software, I've been able to go to the apple store in the mall, and a genius geek has fixed me up. No slams on the PC, my neighbor is a former Microsoft geek, and he swears by windows 7. After purchase service would be my question with a PC?????

Have been using Macs for about 20 years…. The work like a light switch….

Turn them on…

Turn them off when you are done….

Not even a question! Had a pc and will never go back.

Mac all the way!

MacPC.jpg

6a00e008d8b98f883400e551cc44f28833-800wi.jpg

Mac Chick Jan 08 GI.jpg

560371211773436.jpg

wallpaper-1.jpg

MAC = front wheel drive, multi port fuel injection, dual over head cams,
IBM= rear wheel drive, carburetor, push rod V8

MAC = front wheel drive, multi fort fuel injection, dual over head cams,
IBM= rear wheel drive, carburetor, push rod V8

yeah..but i know how to fix a rear wheel drive, carb, pushrod based pc...

pc....

i can build my own...change parts...add hp...

PC... I know more about them. I honestly almost never have problems with computers but I do know enough about them to fix small things and everything. I have heard macs are more user-friendly, but when I went to use one, I had no idea what I was doing! I guess it's just because I am used to PC at this point.

I bought my daughter a Mac laptop for college. She loves it. No problems and she is all over the net. Never gets a virus. She was home three days and crashed my pC several times and got a virus that took me two days to recover from. I struggle trying to use her Mac and wouldn't know where to start to troubleshoot it. But I never have to. For the kids I recommend the Mac.

I was a die hard PC guy. My wife bought a mac for alot of money.....I was no sure. Fast forward 3 years. We both have macs. I surf alot and she uses hers for work. Once in awhile she will have a compatibility issue.

For my surfing and pictures it hasn't had one problem in a year and a half with lots of use.

Mac all the way. I can't believe I said that out loud!

ROB

:-D Thank's guy's
I can repair a pc and take care of maintenance but my wife and kid's just call me.If I am not at home they just wait,the idea is to aviod this. I will have office for mac and wondering how iphoto is on a mac.Comparing price
the pc was 699 +camera 120+photo shop 120+office and antivirus so app
1000 mac is 1195 probably worth the 200 difference
again
thanks
Glenn

It all depends. I own an IT consulting company and work on both. THe new MACs can run the Windows OS or MAC OS10. If you go with the MAC OS then expect to pay out the nose for software. And don't let anyone BS you. There are viruses out there that will get into a MAC. You just don't hear about them because most of the MAC crowd either doesn't want to admit they get them or they have them and don't know it YET. If you go with the Microsoft Windows OS then there is a multitude of available programs out there at reasonable prices. All depends on what you are going to use the PC for. If you are into heavy graphics, video, or audio editing then choose MAC with the MAC OS. If you are into business applications and general run of the mill use, like 90 percent of the PC users, then opt for a PC, or a MAC with the Microsoft OS.

Larry

I biuld my own PCs for home, but I have used the MAcs and I have to go with the majority here! They are way more user friendly and the software included out performs a PC by miles (Garage Band for example). Also the new Macs have resolution capabilites that are above HD rating! My 2 cents!

-
Back