Mac vs Pc

-
It all started with a Iphone..... then a 27 Imac then a Ipad
Im hooked so i gotta say GO MAC !

Seriously best computer i ever had and over the years i've had plenty

I know not everyone who has PCs have problems and if that's what someone whats or needs that's cool. $4,000 for a MAC? No way. I have everything possible on mine for my business and it didn't even hit $2,500 and for my kids who are college age and use MacBook Pros they were around $1700.00 max.

$4000.00 two laptops and some kind of box that hooks to thier tv. One cord he bought was almost a $100.00. Like I said impressive o I forgot the iPad 2

Moe

Thanks everyone for the input,just spoke with a apple rep for over an hour about my dilemma and i feel much better....along with the discounts he keep throwing at me I've made my decision and I'm going APPLE mac book pro 15'':cheers::cheers: hope I'm making the right decision!

=D>

mac-pc.jpg

What if your automobile WAS built by Microshit?

You'd be driving along, and suddenly the steering wheel would freeze up and the brake pedal would do nothing. The doors would not open, and the ignition key would have no effect

Occasionally, the windshield would turn blue, and this would seem no more than a temporary annoyance

Periodically, You'd have to reinstall the engine just so that things would run once again, and for no reason, you would consider this to be a normal condition.

Since your license for the USE of your automobile, from Microshit, does not actually give you OWNERSHIP of the power plant, this means that if you were to update, say, the 273 to a 360, you would not ACTUALLY own either one of them, but merely have a license to USE them.

Since it is illegal under the license agreement to disassemble the softwa....Uh I mean engine, this means you could not tear it apart much less add any kind of speed equipment, without BUYING the license and updated permissions from Microshit.

You could not sell your old engine to a friend, because this would violate the end user license agreement with the engine manufacturer.

What if your automobile WAS built by Microshit?

You'd be driving along, and suddenly the steering wheel would freeze up and the brake pedal would do nothing. The doors would not open, and the ignition key would have no effect

Occasionally, the windshield would turn blue, and this would seem no more than a temporary annoyance

Periodically, You'd have to reinstall the engine just so that things would run once again, and for no reason, you would consider this to be a normal condition.

Since your license for the USE of your automobile, from Microshit, does not actually give you OWNERSHIP of the power plant, this means that if you were to update, say, the 273 to a 360, you would not ACTUALLY own either one of them, but merely have a license to USE them.

Since it is illegal under the license agreement to disassemble the softwa....Uh I mean engine, this means you could not tear it apart much less add any kind of speed equipment, without BUYING the license and updated permissions from Microshit.

You could not sell your old engine to a friend, because this would violate the end user license agreement with the engine manufacturer.

That's being creative! Nice writing 67Dart273!

I just bought a MacBook Pro and will NEVER go back to a PC.... There is a little learning curve when you first use it, but, once you get the hang of it you'll never go back.

I cant stand apple products -__- such a cult following. Not to mention the $1200 price tag on that Macbook that cost some 13 year old kid 50 cents to make in China, just so he can go commit suicide from over working and still not being able to support his family. (and i didnt make this up, it was a huge thing against apple and their workers overseas) That goes for all apple products not just the macbooks. And aside from the morality of apple products, the programs are stupid expensive (if you can even find the program you need), every cable and connection needs an adapter to connect it to regular connections (HDMI for example). The magnet on the power adapter goes out after a few years (my cousin had to replace his twice, so get apple care if you have a macbook). As for the viruses, theyre coming. The only reason people dont make viruses for them is because its a waste of time. 90% of the world uses PCs, so why spend hours on making a Mac Virus? They are obviously growing however, so the viruses might start showing up. Also the software updates are not compatible after 4+ years. So you have to get a new Macbook if you want the latest software. But thats ok because they come out with a new Macbook, iPod, iPad every 6 months so youll be spending that 1000 dollars again very soon.

As for me I'll stick to my $600 PC. Made in the USA or Japan that hasnt killed anybody, has all the programs i need (most for free). Has all the connections i need without expensive adapters. I keep a free anti virus that has done me well for forever. I dont click on stupid links or pop ups. So my computer is just as fast as day one. And i can use any windows OS i want. Go back and forth upgrade, downgrade, whatever and i dont need to buy a new laptop to do it. Also, if i drop my laptop or spill coffee on it, I go on ebay and buy a new screen or keyboard for $40 and replace it.

Mac can blow me. And Steve Jobs shouldn't be worshiped like some sort of god (like everyone did when he passed) I mean, let him R.I.P but im sure he didnt give a F** * when his Chinese workers committed suicide.

I cant stand apple products -__- such a cult following. Not to mention the $1200 price tag on that Macbook that cost some 13 year old kid 50 cents to make in China, just so he can go commit suicide from over working and still not being able to support his family. (and i didnt make this up, it was a huge thing against apple and their workers overseas) That goes for all apple products not just the macbooks. And aside from the morality of apple products, the programs are stupid expensive (if you can even find the program you need), every cable and connection needs an adapter to connect it to regular connections (HDMI for example). The magnet on the power adapter goes out after a few years (my cousin had to replace his twice, so get apple care if you have a macbook). As for the viruses, theyre coming. The only reason people dont make viruses for them is because its a waste of time. 90% of the world uses PCs, so why spend hours on making a Mac Virus? They are obviously growing however, so the viruses might start showing up. Also the software updates are not compatible after 4+ years. So you have to get a new Macbook if you want the latest software. But thats ok because they come out with a new Macbook, iPod, iPad every 6 months so youll be spending that 1000 dollars again very soon.

As for me I'll stick to my $600 PC. Made in the USA or Japan that hasnt killed anybody, has all the programs i need (most for free). Has all the connections i need without expensive adapters. I keep a free anti virus that has done me well for forever. I dont click on stupid links or pop ups. So my computer is just as fast as day one. And i can use any windows OS i want. Go back and forth upgrade, downgrade, whatever and i dont need to buy a new laptop to do it. Also, if i drop my laptop or spill coffee on it, I go on ebay and buy a new screen or keyboard for $40 and replace it.

Mac can blow me. And Steve Jobs shouldn't be worshiped like some sort of god (like everyone did when he passed) I mean, let him R.I.P but im sure he didnt give a F** * when his Chinese workers committed suicide.

Sorry you are so uninformed and in a bad mood. You need to do some more research about where most computers are made, not only MACS.

4 years on my MacBook, no issues. A year ago I upgraded the hard-drive to 500GB and just for the heck of it, recently swapped my black keyboard and display bezel for white. No problems, issues running Lion on my 4 year old Mb. I'll own this thing until it burns up.

Sorry you are so uninformed and in a bad mood. You need to do some more research about where most computers are made, not only MACS.

Not really uninformed, pretty biased however lol. I know allot of PCs are made in China (it sucks that 90% of crap is today) but thats a different subject. All im saying is Apple is one company that over hypes there stuff, and sells it for an astronomical price. And the thing about the suicides and mistreated workers is true. I was just having this discussion with a class mate of mine actually. I dont buy Sony PCs either, because they're an overpriced name and made in China. Its not really the product itself that i hate. Mac's have their pros over PCs, but unlike many other people i cannot support what Apple stands for. That and of course the software and hardware issues I mentioned. With PC, you buy a laptop with crappy hardware and you can say screw it im going to buy a nicer laptop. You cant do that with a Mac. You're stuck with their products and ONLY their products. Maybe im scared of that much commitment? Or maybe i just dont wanna spend 1200 dollars on something that does the same thing my PC does...

And im not saying i buy nothing from china (i try not to however) But some company's are just a name. To be honest i think ASUS and Samsung have MUCH better products than Sony from a PC stand point. And most of the time they're cheaper.

But back to PC v Mac debate, like I said for me I cant support the Apple name and what they stand for.

I must be the luckiest person in the world. I have never had a PC freeze, never gotten a blue screen, Never had a computer crash, and never lost a file. After 4 years my Dell Notebook is as fast as it ever was. I did get a virus once but that was introduced to my system via thumb drive from my wife's college computers, a quick dose of McAfee cleared that up. Yes I do maintenance on my computers, don't you tune your cars? not a big deal. David

As someone that deals with Macs every day in an enterprise-type environment...You couldn't pay me to use one at home. I understand my situation is unique in being forced to use Macs for enterprise-y things like remote authentication/authorization, remote home directories, etc., but they're so bad at it I pretty much refuse to use Macs anywhere.

If you get outside the little box Apple has made for you, they're awful. :) Even if they DID make the box for you---like remote auth, etc.---it can still be broken.

I hope you enjoy your Mac. For most people whose extent of their computer usage extends to web-surfing, e-mailing, editing the occasional pic in iPhoto and games, a Mac probably suits them just fine. Beyond that, I'd rather use just about anything else.

Gotta give Apple credit, though...The iPad is the best tablet currently out there. Still wouldn't buy one, but credit is given where credit is due.

I must be the luckiest person in the world. I have never had a PC freeze, never gotten a blue screen, Never had a computer crash, and never lost a file. After 4 years my Dell Notebook is as fast as it ever was. I did get a virus once but that was introduced to my system via thumb drive from my wife's college computers, a quick dose of McAfee cleared that up. Yes I do maintenance on my computers, don't you tune your cars? not a big deal. David
Same...I must be blessed with my Windows machines. I've seldom had any real problems and my Windows boxes bog less than my Macs do at work.

Windows users. FYI-- ITT Tech has classes that start December 1st so you can take a 6 month course on how to keep your Windows machines running correctly.
Course Topics...
1) The dreaded lock up
2) Blue Screen again
3) Printer Installation "2 week beginner course"
4) Programs and why they don't install correctly
5) The infamous virus dilema
6) Fix your family's host of computer problems in less than 7 days per month "Guaranteed"!!

And so many more.... bring your thinking caps and lets waste more of your valuable time which you will never get back or can put a price tag on.

ITT?? what a joke talk about Legal Acedemic Robbery, WOW could start a thread on that instution all by itself. every "graduate" we had come to work at Cyberworks was a joke, one guy didn't even know what a Iomega zip drive was, never saw one before.....Ha

Hey where did 78kitcar go?? did he have a mac attack and leave the building??? LOL. By the way thanks for the informative thread!!
LOL

Moe

LOL.. So last month we're at a computer distributor dinner yakking it up with people in the industry. Just happens we're sitting at a table with a couple of Apple Store "geniuses". After a few drinks things loosen up a bit, and out comes the truth from them. Sure they deal with malware. Yes, they do recommend AV products. Oh, and the fix for infections is easy. No patches to apply, no registry hacks, no reboots. They just wipe the drive and reinstall the OS. Why? They cant access system files to fix, cant access a registry to hack. What about the customers data? pictures? "We hope they have it backed up". Nice. $200 to reinstall the OS.

Grant

-
Back