MacGyver lives!

-

beefovail

Reaction score
In case any of you were wondering if ol' MacGyver is still alive and well, I can assure you he is alive and well and living in CA! And...unfortunately I bought my car from him! LOL! Some people should not be allowed to own tools.
For example, went to change the engine oil for the first time since buying the car from "Angus' back in April. (It has taken this long to undo all the other secret agent fixes applied to the car). Anyway, this one I couldn't help myself from sharing with you all. The drain plug was completely covered in some kind of silicone. To the point you could not see it. I'm thinkin, oh damn, what joy is lying behind the mountain of silicone. Well we peel away the half a tube of liquid drainplug and lo and behold, the plug is still there???? I put the 3/4" socket on it with clenched teeth and turn. Holy smokes, it's coming out???
The threads are fine and the plug looks great. It seems that "Mac" couldn't figure out a suitable way of sealing the plug so instead of getting a drain plug seal, we got the following. Some sort of pipe thread sealer applied to the threads, a "steel" washer, which I suppose was the sealing washer,and a half a tube of silicone to complete the mission! I have to admit it did work! LOL!
It would have probably took less time to jump in a vehicle and drive 30 miles to an auto parts store and do it right.....But wheres the challenge in that!
Just thought I would share this one. It is one of the better ones I've seen!

I bought my old house from the same guy. The galvanized steel pipes coming up to the kitchen sink were cut off with a torch and he put on black poly irrigation line from the supply to the taps with gear clamps.](*,)

hey!! my room addition's roof was held up by 1 4x4 post in the corner-- the wall studs were rotted out & he just stuck random braces in the wall & covered it up-- very nice,

Wait-- the detached 1 car garage had power supplied by a(little) brown extension cord running from the house to the garage -- with a silicone seal
i do have a great neighbor hood & good neighbors though!!

Lawrence

Wow!:happy7:

This is great! I guess you are never too old to learn new things.

Thanks,
Bubba

Oh, BTW I think Mac is one of my distant relatives as he lives
in California and we live here.

-
Back