Machine Shop & Engine Building

-

RogerRamRod

The Older I Get, The Faster I Was
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
2CA17400-C05F-4A00-83D4-BB313BB76106.jpeg

I think it was here on FABO that I saw mention of a few machine shops, one of which included Moonshine Speed Shop.
Just south of Greensboro NC, they are a bit far from me, but I wanted to check them out because I wasn’t thrilled with the look of the shop near me. Super nice folks, took time to show me around, and get the shop mascot comfortable too.
They decked the block and I told them I would prefer my cylinders cleaned up rather than just bored to a standard size. He said they looked good, but there were a couple a few thousandths over. Cleanup dictated that I’ll need to get custom .005 over pistons. I had them install my cam bearings and a new oil pump bushing. He did a test fit with a stock cam to make sure there was no binding. He said he went ahead and chamfered all my holes for me as well.
I won’t be able to actually check their work, I don’t have all the measurement tools and such, but the level of professionalism and look and heritage of the shop makes me comfortable enough that I made a good choice. Going to cruise down there Saturday to pick it up.

Last edited:
Looks nice. I'll be curious on the new pistons. Remind us again: Which displacement here?

-
Back